Impossible to sell players

I am managing Porto and in my 7th season and have only managed to be able to sell one player for 61m then after that nothing I have even tested it and tried to sell two of my best players valued at 36m and 33m and I offered then to clubs for free and still nothing. It was like this on last years game as well. Is there a possible fix for this?

• SI Staff

We haven't really seen much in the way of problems selling players here, it could be that no team is willing to pay the wages those particular players might want or it could be that those players don't want to move to very many teams. We are looking into improving the way AI takes into account the amount that you offer them out for when deciding whether to make a bid or not.

i have no problem selling my players, even the players in my reserve team that i want to get rid of i can sell for there value or even higher some times

Really...well what am i doing wrong the players i mentioned above are only 40 and 50k a week, so that shouldnt be stopping big clubs buying them. since my first post man city are interested in one of them, but 8 months have past and they still are.

• SI Staff

I'm not sure that I necessarily agree that a buyer can always be found so quickly IRL.

There's a number of factors in the game. A club has to actively want the player, to be able and willing to pay the sort of wages the player is after (maybe if the player is only going to be a rotation/backup they won't want to pay too much), and to be willing to pay the transfer fee requested. The player also has to be interested in a move to the club and he might not necessarily be overly flexible on wages.

All of this has to come together during a transfer window - it just won't always happen!

As I've said, based on our playing of the game here we think things are currently quite well balanced in terms of the difficulty/ease of selling, but we are looking to improve the way clubs take the offer amount into account when you're attempting to shift a player.

I'm not sure that I necessarily agree that a buyer can always be found so quickly IRL.

There's a number of factors in the game. A club has to actively want the player, to be able and willing to pay the sort of wages the player is after (maybe if the player is only going to be a rotation/backup they won't want to pay too much), and to be willing to pay the transfer fee requested. The player also has to be interested in a move to the club and he might not necessarily be overly flexible on wages.

All of this has to come together during a transfer window - it just won't always happen!

As I've said, based on our playing of the game here we think things are currently quite well balanced in terms of the difficulty/ease of selling, but we are looking to improve the way clubs take the offer amount into account when you're attempting to shift a player.

i have a player at porto, valued at 36m that wants to leave and has requested to be transfer listed. i have accepted this but have seen no others for him in two and a half seasons since. i have even offered him to clubs for free and not even had a club interested in him. if this was real life i would be inundated with offers, just look at tevez and he's a idiot.

• SI Staff
i have a player at porto, valued at 36m that wants to leave and has requested to be transfer listed. i have accepted this but have seen no others for him in two and a half seasons since. i have even offered him to clubs for free and not even had a club interested in him. if this was real life i would be inundated with offers, just look at tevez and he's a idiot.

I'd be more than happy to take a look at the save game if you could send it to me (marc.vaughan@sigames.com) - then I can either explain why there is no interest in him or tune things accordingly.

I am in 3rd season now..

Ballotelli has been unhappy for 2 seasons and he is still stuck at man city despite being transfer listed

Also, I inherited Tevez when I took over Chelsea who bought him the season prior

He is unhappy with wages and been transfer listed but not a single bid for him

Could really be a case of wages as he is asking for 140k a week

• SI Staff
Could really be a case of wages as he is asking for 140k a week

I'm expecting in most cases like this it will definitely be wage related - a 140k wage does tend to limit the clubs who might be interested and if the player hasn't been playing competitive matches then enticing someone to take a chance of them is problematic really .. but I'd be interested in seeing any saves with specific examples just to make sure, things can always be tuned if needed.

I'm expecting in most cases like this it will definitely be wage related - a 140k wage does tend to limit the clubs who might be interested and if the player hasn't been playing competitive matches then enticing someone to take a chance of them is problematic really .. but I'd be interested in seeing any saves with specific examples just to make sure, things can always be tuned if needed.

When this happens in real life, there are two most common outputs: the player signs for a very rich but not so reputable club (like Anzhi or some club in Dubai), or the player accepts to earn less but stay in the top game. On a related matter, there are some players that prefer to stay on a free until they retire instead of signing for a smaller club on lower wages.

• SI Staff
When this happens in real life, there are two most common outputs: the player signs for a very rich but not so reputable club (like Anzhi or some club in Dubai), or the player accepts to earn less but stay in the top game. On a related matter, there are some players that prefer to stay on a free until they retire instead of signing for a smaller club on lower wages.

Yeah its that sort of scenario I want to make sure works out in the game - in the main with Tevez I found that he did generally move on, unless he really really fell out with the manager in which case sometimes he was left to rot until his contract expired.

PS - In about 1 in (approximately) 15 games I found his manager was sacked and he actually got back into the side ...

Yeah its that sort of scenario I want to make sure works out in the game - in the main with Tevez I found that he did generally move on, unless he really really fell out with the manager in which case sometimes he was left to rot until his contract expired.

PS - In about 1 in (approximately) 15 games I found his manager was sacked and he actually got back into the side ...

That's great :)

I wish I had the simulation capabilities you guys have :p

I'd be more than happy to take a look at the save game if you could send it to me (marc.vaughan@sigames.com) - then I can either explain why there is no interest in him or tune things accordingly.

thanks marc i will send it tonight

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Marc, I am playing as Melbourne victory and I have a defender that is probably one of the best on my game and has 20 all over amazing...but he wants to leave and I have clubs like man utd, man city, Barcelona, real Madrid just to name a few that have all put in bids no non of them are willing to pay anything over 2 million for him. I know that he is worth at least 15million for a small club like victory and I bet if I was to sell him his value would be over 30 million for any other club. I also noticed this on my Wales saved game no clubs are willing to pay the money if you play in a small league...yet I see sales going through while I'm playing for stupid money and the players they are buying are crap to say the least.has anybody else noticed this problem???

Plus if you play in one of the small leagues (ie australia,wales) your players value is really limited and no is willong to pay you much for a superstar player because of this I think...

Hi Marc, I am playing as Melbourne victory and I have a defender that is probably one of the best on my game and has 20 all over amazing...but he wants to leave and I have clubs like man utd, man city, Barcelona, real Madrid just to name a few that have all put in bids no non of them are willing to pay anything over 2 million for him. I know that he is worth at least 15million for a small club like victory and I bet if I was to sell him his value would be over 30 million for any other club. I also noticed this on my Wales saved game no clubs are willing to pay the money if you play in a small league...yet I see sales going through while I'm playing for stupid money and the players they are buying are crap to say the least.has anybody else noticed this problem???

Plus if you play in one of the small leagues (ie australia,wales) your players value is really limited and no is willong to pay you much for a superstar player because of this I think...

This is due to the league's reputation. It's very similar to real life - a player proven in England or Spain can be worth £50M, while a great player playing in Chile will rarely be valued over £10M before he makes his big move.

This is due to the league's reputation. It's very similar to real life - a player proven in England or Spain can be worth £50M, while a great player playing in Chile will rarely be valued over £10M before he makes his big move.

I would have to disagree, if you look at the market now players playing for smaller clubs still go for a premium.. Just look at brazil, Belgium and holland

I would have to disagree, if you look at the market now players playing for smaller clubs still go for a premium.. Just look at brazil, Belgium and holland

First, it is very unfair to compare Australia and Wales to Brazil, Belgium and Holland.

Second, Brazil has loads of cash now, and the league level is only behind the top four in Europe (England, Spain, Italy and Germany). Santos has refused £25M bids for Neymar. A premium fee in Holland or Belgium should be around £15M, while a premium in Spain & England can easily triple that value.

Now, let me know if you find a Welsh club that has gathered over £1M in a transfer.

First, it is very unfair to compare Australia and Wales to Brazil, Belgium and Holland.

Second, Brazil has loads of cash now, and the league level is only behind the top four in Europe (England, Spain, Italy and Germany). Santos has refused £25M bids for Neymar. A premium fee in Holland or Belgium should be around £15M, while a premium in Spain & England can easily triple that value.

Now, let me know if you find a Welsh club that has gathered over £1M in a transfer.

True but if you were to turn the league around then there should be some room for manoeuvre within the league you are playing if you start and win big things, don't you agree?

True but if you were to turn the league around then there should be some room for manoeuvre within the league you are playing if you start and win big things, don't you agree?

In the PC version, the league's reputation is not fixed anymore. So it can vary depending on the success of its clubs. However, I don't think that's the case in FMH.

Noticed a little way around getting more money for a player...offer them a new contract for the most money you can offer, then there value goes up to a more reasonable amount.

Will the league reputation change in the future or on a update???

• 2 weeks later...
is it only me that finds it really hard to sell players??? i have now resorted to just releasing them because its so frustrating..

I'm too having a heck of a time selling good players. I'm currently managing Man U, and have tried to sell A. Valencia and Nani for the last two seasons, and no offers what so ever, WTF????

I obviously was not going to release them for free, instead I loan them out, but it's frustrating not been able to sell them and use those funds to purchase other players. Hopefully this bug gets fixed on the next patch.

Started with Swansea, transfer listed over 15 players in the first day. Did not get a single during the window.

i agree rafaflorpa, it is a nightmare and really does need looking at...and even when i do get bids there nothing like they should be.

Buying players can be a nightmare too.

I tried three time to hire a 26 year old very good English MC player for my German First League Top of the ladder team. He denied three times my 120,000 AUD weekly wage offer and finally signed a week later with L2 team for 2,600 AUD per week. I mean this is just not acceptable. By the way he played for ManCity before and was an English International!!!

Furthermore I realized especially during my first two season that players out of contract (low to mid skill level) are asking for enormous amounts of wage - Far out of any mind.

????

If a player is transfer listed it is an indication that he is no longer wanted by a club. in this instance it is often the case that you'll need to be prepared to accept less for him than his true value. I find that offering a player out at less than his value can stimulate interest in him and then allow you to negotiate the fee once bids are made.

There are a huge number of variables involved as to whether a team is willing to bid for your players - wage budget, transfer budget, their perception of the players ability and whether he fits with their style of play. All of these factors will influence which clubs and how many may be interested in him.

With regards to English players playing abroad this is fairly infrequent IRL and it may be a determining factor in him not wishing to move to Germany. We are however aware of an issue where players sign for lower reputation AI clubs for less money and this is something that is being looked at.

The transfer system has been broken for years.

Selling players is so unrealistic that I refuse to buy the game until it is at least close to real life. In today's climate you can sell any player you want in real life within a season. In the game you can offer players out, transfer list your BEST players and nothing happens. Nothing. I remember placing Nasri on the market and he was on there for 2 seasons - that is so far from realism that it breaks the game IMO. Wages doesn't come into it - there are plenty of clubs that will offer the same wages or close to it in real life.

I am amazed FM still has a transfer system that is so broken and far from realism that you could possibly get.

Another problem which is really annoying:

It happens at least once per season that a Club is bidding for one of my transfer listed players at the last day before the transfer window ends - Of cause they cannot finish the contract negotiations and the deal is just gone.

Makes no sense at all and should be reviewed and adjusted by SI

Enthon

• 2 weeks later...

The transfer system is always hit or miss. You have to drastically overpay for players and get drastically underpaid to sell them. On any given save I resign myself to the fact that there will be one or two players I will not be able to sell no matter what I offer them for. That said, generally speaking I can sell most players I want to, albeit at horribly slashed rates. (Aside from the odd astronomical sale)

And while I understand and appreciate the amount of thought that goes into the variables that factor in the transfer system, its still 1's and 0's of code. Dialing back the money you need to acquire players and increasing the money you receive would make things a bit more enjoyable, and I think become a bit more realistic. Sometimes in the attempt to create a super realistic system that takes into account a wide variety of factors, it does more to complicate and hinder the system then help. IMO

The transfer system is always hit or miss. You have to drastically overpay for players and get drastically underpaid to sell them. On any given save I resign myself to the fact that there will be one or two players I will not be able to sell no matter what I offer them for. That said, generally speaking I can sell most players I want to, albeit at horribly slashed rates. (Aside from the odd astronomical sale)

And while I understand and appreciate the amount of thought that goes into the variables that factor in the transfer system, its still 1's and 0's of code. Dialing back the money you need to acquire players and increasing the money you receive would make things a bit more enjoyable, and I think become a bit more realistic. Sometimes in the attempt to create a super realistic system that takes into account a wide variety of factors, it does more to complicate and hinder the system then help. IMO

Even though I still manage to become incredibly rich...

Another problem which is really annoying:

It happens at least once per season that a Club is bidding for one of my transfer listed players at the last day before the transfer window ends - Of cause they cannot finish the contract negotiations and the deal is just gone.

Makes no sense at all and should be reviewed and adjusted by SI

Enthon

Yes - agreed.

Archived