How many divisions higher up should a parent clube be?

HAving been promoted 3 seasons on the trot I am now only 1 devision below the team that is my parent club.

Should I change my parent club on the basis that theie reserves that I will aim to get loannees from will barely be any better than what I have?

What is the optimum difference - obviously if you are playing at level 9 you won't get Man U as a parent club so what is the level people normally aim for?

I would say, the closer they are, the more likely you are to get some really good loans. Even youngsters are not really that interested in going 5 divisions down to play. But ofcourse if you have access to a better team, there is more money in it for you and potentially better players.

It depends, really. One or two divisions seems good.

Their reserves and youth basically need to be good enough for your first team. If they are too good, they are not going to come to you. If they are not good enough, then it's pointless for both clubs.

Of course, factor in that you might not get a better parent club if you terminate this agreement. You might get a worse one, or even no parent club at all...

Personally, since you only get a free player (wages paid by parent club) if they explicitly send one player down, I'd just keep this parent club and look for better players myself. If they decide to send down Joe Mediocre, then Joe Mediocre becomes a backup for my team. Tough. The parent club should have done their homework properly... However, if they surprisingly send down a promising talent, then I'll take it gleefully.

Thanks - Looking at who they have I will stick with them as I still have a couple of their players on loan until January 2014 (it is only June 2013).

Decide next season as I may be in a higher division next season, or the same one as them.

Archived