Sometimes This Game Just Makes No Sense...

So, I'm currently enjoying another crack with Arsenal and am at the business end of my first season, lying in 4th place with Man U, Man City, and Tottenham above me. My injuries have been catastrophic, like as if the team bus crashed on the way back from and away game catastrophic - my dressing room is a M.A.S.H. unit - and to top it off I am facing this fixture list.

28/3 Barcelona (A)

31/3 Fulham (H)

03/4 Barcelona (H)

07/4 Man City (A)

09/4 Tottenham (H)

So I send out my strongest side available against Barce, give it everything, and lose 2-0. I scrape by against Fulham 1-0. The two games against City and Spurs are Massive. Win those and I'm right on the heels of United. Lose and I'm basically scrapping with Liverpool and Chelsea for 4th. My players are exhausted, and I decide to basically throw away the return leg to Barcelona. I send out the only 11 players I have that are match fit and not at less than 85%. I have CB playing in midfield, DM playing in attack, and no recognized striker out there at all. Just bodies on a field. Amazingly, at halftime it's still 0-0, so I decide to tell them that they're playing well. They apparently disagree and all "Look to switch off." I then go to each one individually and directly contradict what I just said to the team one player at a time. At the end of this my entire team, who are all playing completely out of position "Look confused." They go back out there, score two goals, and despite my having to play virtually the entirety of extra-time with 9 men due to injuries, I hold on and beat them in a penalty shootout. The headlines in the papers the next day read "Vermaelen Heaps Praise on...(me)" with the article claiming that "Vermaelen claims that it was (my) words at halftime that inspired the team to turn the tie on it's head and emerge victorious at the final whistle."

wow if you upload this i'm sure no one will be able to argue with it! i actually noticed this in my swindon save if i was drawing all i needed to do was say the oposite like i'm happy to be drawing 0-0 at half time to the side who have 0 points all season then completly contradict and say the oposite to all of them and then i would nearly always win! really weird i hope that isn't some sort of glitch!

Archived