FMH iOS - Update 1 (3.1) Available now

• SI Staff

Hi,

I'm pleased to indicate that the first update to the iOS game should be available on the store later tonight - details of what is in it are indicated below:

#3.1 - Update 1

Allowed selection of multiple items at once on attribute filter page

Stop CPU offering to loan players going out of contract soon

Tuning of timing for transfer rumours

Add link to general training schedule in motivation problem news item

Fix for incorrect number of matches being listed for Welsh Prem on rules screen

Stopped transfer delay news item from being generated when it wasn't needed

Transfer Window screen fix

Match balance tweaks

Transfer logic tweaks

Made sure league table always gets shown at end of Challenges

Stopped Negotiate button sometimes appearing for news items when it wasn't needed

Remember live league table scroll position between screen changes

Fix rare news glitch where a comment would be given to a humans when not set by him

Tuning of national team manager job movement

Fix for excessive friendly attendances in some circumstances

Please keep the feedback on the game coming - especially any glitches or things you'd like to see in future versions we're taking it all into account and there will be further updates at regular intervals.

Hope this helps,

Marc

• SI Staff
but the seperate news items for players with international duty are still not grouped... how difficult could this be ??

Please bear in mind (1) This update went into submission the day the game came out (ie. your feedback might not have been given at that point), (2) Any changes involving text ARE actually quite difficult as it means we have to get them translated into various languages etc.

As always we are listening to feedback and further updates will be available in due course (for instance I'm hoping to be able to optimise the speed of the retina skin further) - however to get one out before Christmas we had to ensure this was submitted as promptly as was practical or it wouldn't have made it through before the Apple submission team disappear off on (well deserved) holidays.

• SI Staff
why is Mario Balotelli NOT in Man City's squad?

This has been discussed previously - he is present and correct IF you select England as the main (primary) nation ... that is the one with multiple leagues active, if you select a nation as a secondary nation then the players loaded for that nation is not complete and only contains a (reasonably large) subset of the players from the clubs activated.

This is due to the nature of handheld devices and while we've managed to grow the database by approximately 5-10% each iteration of the game there will still be some discrepancies when a secondary nation is active - if you want a specific player present then please ensure his club is loaded within the primary nation if possible.

I would appreciate a straight button on team page linked to the Reserve team page and the other way around.

Furthermore one question. I mentioned several times last since 2009 that it makes no sense that injured player placed in Reserve Team are getting annoyed. Still in the game!

Last but not least I have the feeling that the Club Player Loyalty Rating is not working correctly. Went straight to 1 after several week in my first year and has not recovered way through the end of the second season.

Greetings

Oliver

• SI Staff
Yes even if you save your custom formation it still reverts back ?

One other user has mentioned this but we still haven't seen an example of it happen here. Can I ask for a more detailed description of exactly what you've done? This is something we'd very much like to reproduce and solve.

If you do have any further information, it can go in this thread in the bugs forum: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/290924-Tactic-resetting-after-closing

Thanks a lot!

One other user has mentioned this but we still haven't seen an example of it happen here. Can I ask for a more detailed description of exactly what you've done? This is something we'd very much like to reproduce and solve.

If you do have any further information, it can go in this thread in the bugs forum: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/290924-Tactic-resetting-after-closing

Thanks a lot!

Ok i've just been trying a few different tactics to save and it appears that they all save and reload fine :) but the bug i've noticed if play iPhone in normal mode and save tactics and then reload and change to hd mode thats where the tactics go to default,hope this helps

Great update guys, little things like remembering where the live league table are fantastic. Just one bug I've spotted is that when I moved clubs I got a news item saying a transfer bid I made at my previous club was rejected, probably because he was on my short list but it also mentioned that I should stop trying to unsettle him

• SI Staff
Great update guys, little things like remembering where the live league table are fantastic. Just one bug I've spotted is that when I moved clubs I got a news item saying a transfer bid I made at my previous club was rejected, probably because he was on my short list but it also mentioned that I should stop trying to unsettle him

I'll look into that for the second update, glad you're enjoying the game :D

• SI Staff
Ok i've just been trying a few different tactics to save and it appears that they all save and reload fine :) but the bug i've noticed if play iPhone in normal mode and save tactics and then reload and change to hd mode thats where the tactics go to default,hope this helps

I can't get this either :(

Here's what I've done:

1. Started new game

2. Made a new tactic

3. Saved the tactic

4. Exited the game

5. Switched to HD mode

6. Loaded the game

Is this the same as what you did? My tactic was still present when I tried.

• SI Staff
This happens to me.....when i load up a game the correct player roles show up but for some reason after the first game played all the roles switch to default and I have to re-load my saved formation to get them back

We'd really like to find out why this happens, as we still haven't seen any unexpected behaviour relating to resetting formations or tactics here. Was it after the first friendly or the first league match? Which formation were you using? What did the roles reset to? Which device and iOS version are you using?

I can't get this either :(

Here's what I've done:

1. Started new game

2. Made a new tactic

3. Saved the tactic

4. Exited the game

5. Switched to HD mode

6. Loaded the game

Is this the same as what you did? My tactic was still present when I tried.

yes followed these steps and it still reverts to default

Ok actually i think this is to do with when FM is left inactive and the phone locks or you soft-close it and leave it running in the background for a while without hard closing....acagin doesn't seem to happen the first game back but resets to the standard player preferences after that!

Ok i have worked out what the issue with player roles re-setting is I think. It isn't anything to do with the locking of the iphone after all.....if from the formation screen you are draging a player from your squad list to replace a player currently in the starting line-up but you mis-place them (ie don't drop them directly onto the player yopu are trying to substitute) then a custom formation is created and you have to go into tactics and reload your saved one.

This can be a bit of a pain if you don't notice and go on to start the match. Is this functionality by design or a minor bug?

• SI Staff
Ok i have worked out what the issue with player roles re-setting is I think. It isn't anything to do with the locking of the iphone after all.....if from the formation screen you are draging a player from your squad list to replace a player currently in the starting line-up but you mis-place them (ie don't drop them directly onto the player yopu are trying to substitute) then a custom formation is created and you have to go into tactics and reload your saved one.

This can be a bit of a pain if you don't notice and go on to start the match. Is this functionality by design or a minor bug?

Thanks for this, it certainly might help shed light on the problem people have been facing. It's not intentional as far as I know and the issue is now under review.

I'm having an issue using the position buttons up and down the sides of the the squad screen. In FMH 11 I was able to drag players to these buttons, or drag the buttons to players, but this doesn't seem to be working now on either my iPhone or iPad.

Is it deliberate?

• SI Staff
I'm having an issue using the position buttons up and down the sides of the the squad screen. In FMH 11 I was able to drag players to these buttons, or drag the buttons to players, but this doesn't seem to be working now on either my iPhone or iPad.

Is it deliberate?

This wasn't deliberate but was a by-product of the formation customization which was added in, this selection method will be re-enabled in the second update (will be available during January when the iOS store starts taking submissions and our QA is back in to test it).

• SI Staff
I've noticed that some players get their contract renewed without me offering them a contract. I was waiting on their contract to run out, yet one day I get a news item telling me they signed a new contract.

Any idea?

Been on holiday at all? Your assistant can offer your players contracts if you go on holiday.

• 2 weeks later...

it seems that the results in the game are purely random. am i really that bad? i mean there are some teams who are able to beat Bayern Munich that shouldn''t be able to no matter what.

another problem im having is the manual won't load, is it just the same as the previous game's manual or is there new info in there that would help me solve my first problem?

• SI Staff

With regard to the manual not loading - the most common reason for this is memory fragmentation. We recommend that you reboot the device completely every so often to avoid this occurring.

To turn the device off: Press and hold the Sleep/Wake button for a few seconds until the red "slide to power off" slider appears, and then slide the slider.

To turn it on again: Press and hold the Sleep/Wake button until the Apple logo appears. It will then boot up in a few seconds.

Based on our testing here we don't feel that the results are particularly random, upsets do happen reasonably often in real life and it's very difficult to say that one team should never ever be able to beat another. IRL this season Bayern lost to Mainz, for example. Even the best teams can go through dodgy patches of form!

• 2 weeks later...
  • SI Staff
I have never been able to load the manual on fmh11 or now on 12 on my ipad but it works fine on the iphone...

Reboot of don't help. Either i full reset/factory restore help.

Is this still the case? Can I just check what iOS version you're running and whether it's an iPad 1 or 2? What appears when you attempt to load the manual?

Ipad 1 with 16 gig and no 3g

Running Ios 5.0.1 but i have had the same problem on all Ios Versions I think there were 1 or 2 updates on the Ios 4 during the time I had FMH2011 and before I upgraded to Ios 5.0 and later 5.0.1

When I Press the Manual button a blank grey screen shows up with a single button i the bottom that is "back" with works

• SI Staff

Hmmm - I take it you've tried leaving it a few seconds to load up? Does your iPad have any specific oddities/non-standard configuration that might cause it to behave differently? It works fine here on our iPad 1 running iOS 4...

• SI Staff

We'll continue to look at the manual but as we've never been able to get this here on a device that's been rebooted etc it's going to be tricky to work out what's causing it not to function on your iPad - I'll let you know if we make any progress!

Archived