Help needed for Ram fan

Hi there,

I have started a game as my beloved Derby County but am struggling to find quality players to bring in.

I also have FM07 on the PC and don't seem to be able to find (or attract) the players that I have there!

At the start of season one I release 4/5 youngsters to free up room in my squad and have sold Thirlwell, Pechisolido, Bolder (120k), Leacock (1.4m) and Malcom (1.2m) so I have plenty of funds for squad rebuilding.

The players I have bought in are Billy Jones (Crewe 650k), David Vaughan (Crewe 450k), Billy Sharp (S****horpe 750k), Jimmy Smith (Chelsea loan) and Cisse (Free)

I am still a defender (or two) and midfielder light. I also only buy youngsters as Derbys squad (especially the backline will soon be drawing pensions!)

Any ideas?

Hi there,

I have started a game as my beloved Derby County but am struggling to find quality players to bring in.

I also have FM07 on the PC and don't seem to be able to find (or attract) the players that I have there!

At the start of season one I release 4/5 youngsters to free up room in my squad and have sold Thirlwell, Pechisolido, Bolder (120k), Leacock (1.4m) and Malcom (1.2m) so I have plenty of funds for squad rebuilding.

The players I have bought in are Billy Jones (Crewe 650k), David Vaughan (Crewe 450k), Billy Sharp (S****horpe 750k), Jimmy Smith (Chelsea loan) and Cisse (Free)

I am still a defender (or two) and midfielder light. I also only buy youngsters as Derbys squad (especially the backline will soon be drawing pensions!)

Any ideas?

Nyatanga and Leacock were superb for me, and Moore and Johno are still good for a couple of seasons.

But seeing as you've sold Leacock, try Nyatanga at LB, with Johno and Moore in the centre.

I didn't bring anyone in first season, so i don't know who to recommend, but you've got some good players in already. icon14.gif

Thanks for the comments and advice.

What I am trying to do is get rid of my old players and build a strong young squad that will not only push for promotion this season but be good enough to avoid relegation next season if we are lucky enough to get promoted!

I am trying to get 2 players per position and currently my squad looks like this...

GK : Camp / Grant / Bywater

DL : Vaughan / Nyatanga

DC : Stearman / Moore

DC : Jones / ???

DR : Cisse / Jackson

DMC: Conceicao / Jones / Johnson

ML : R.Smith / But

MR : Barnes / J.Smith

AMC : Pratley / Bisgaard

ST : Sharp / Howard / Lupoli

ST : Keogh / Stead

As you can see I am a defender light and have 800k to spend (*** Just tried to get Bougherra but turned down my best offer of 800k)

Current Transfers are as follows...

OUT

Peschicolido 4k

Thirlwell 26k

Bolder 120k

Malcolm 1.2m

Leacock 1.8m

IN

David Jones (ammended database)

Jon Stead (amended database)

Cisse Free

Conceicao Free

But Free

J.Smith Loan

Pratley 400k

Vaughan 450k

Keogh 550k

Jones 650k

Sharp 700k

Stearman 850k

Surplus Players

Bywater / Grant (1 of)

Oakley

M. Johnson

Boertien

S. Johnson (would need replacement)

Bisgaard (would need replacement)

Moore (would need replacement)

Results so far...

H vs Wolves drew 0-0

A vs West Brom won 2-1

H vs Cardiff won 3-1

A vs Sheff Wed won 3-1

H vs Lincoln won 1-0 (LC)

H vs Colchester won 2-1

A vs Stoke drew 1-1

Currently top of the Championship and still most of my players are still unhappy at the sale of key players!

Archived