Sacked for the very first time since CM/FM begun

I've played every version since the first CM came out on the Amiga and received the news I'd been sacked ....for the first time ever....at the end of season 3

I was shocked :). In telling my other half what had happened waiting for some sympathy I got none....well what did I expect ;)

I started as always as Pompey:

Season 1 - reached Championship play-off semi's

Season 2 - reached Championship play-off final

Season 3 - managed 9th, with expectation of a top 6 spot

If anyone play's as Pompey they well know its a challenge due to the decreasing salary budget and some players on large salaries. I had bought / snapped up a lot talented youth but run out of time before they really started blossoming

When I thought about the injustice I remembered what happened IRL to Billy Davies at Notts Forest, Billy Davies saved them from relegation, reached 2 consecutive play-offs and still got the boot! Look what happended to the club since though

Anyway its allowed me to see a new aspect of the game. I was fortunate to be offered the job at Notts County straight away

who had just ben relegated from Championship

Looking forward to the new challenge...even if my pride has been dented :)

Surely one day one of our owners really will be rich

Highlights how good the Fa's fit and proper person's test is ......

Prospective Owner: "I'm a rich arab and I will invest in Pompey and always keep their interest high on my agenda

FA / League: "Oh really, can you prove it?"

Prospective Owner: "Yes, check the sand between my toes in my sandals, I even own a bank you know"

FA / League: "Oh, you really must be fit and proper, I'll rubber stamp the application straight away"

I remember Jupp Heynckes being sacked after winning Real Madrid the European Cup, how's that for an injustice!?

ah but in doing so they conceded too many corners for the owners' liking. Quite understandable why he got sacked ;)

I cannot read this thread title without singing to the tune of Madonna!

It's tough when you're sacked. Usually only happens to me at the lower league clubs - very bottom division with the crappest team in the league. But it still hurts.

I cannot read this thread title without singing to the tune of Madonna!

It's tough when you're sacked. Usually only happens to me at the lower league clubs - very bottom division with the crappest team in the league. But it still hurts.

I was wondering whether my word play would make someone think that - Thanks!!

I'm still hurting but success somewhere else no doubt will help and a Nelson (Simpsons) "Ha-Ha" will help as I overhaul them in a few years!

As a Brighton supporter I'm really gonna enjoy this one:)

But surely you'll be wanting Pompey to win Kriss ;)

Great season for the fans with the southern derbies, but not sure if the Police / Hospital emergency rooms agree!

You're telling me in all this time, you've never once given the board an ultimatum?

Thats correct - Its rather obvious what their response would be don't you think?

Mr Pompey: I want a bigger wage budget and more trasfer funds or I'm leaving

Pompey Board: Don't forget your coat on the way out to the job centre and by the way the goldfish bowl is ours

Quaazi - Ive seen this come up where say you ask for more transfer funds but the board replies no. There are then muliple options to select from like:

- We will fall behind our rivals

- Disappointed with lack of ambition

- Issue an ultimatum!

However don't do it unless you accept the risk they may sack you!!

Archived