Semi-professional team to professional team

I'm interested how does the transition goes. Does everyone with amateur contracts get kicked? What about P/T contracts? Or does the board offer some 1 year extensions to everyone who doesn't have F/T contracts? Or lets say the board gives me a month to choose which players sign with F/T contracts? Any help would be great.

I am not sure about Amateur contracts, but Part-timers continue in the club.

As far as I can see, all that happens, is that they increase your wage budget, but also that any full-time contracts you offer from then on, the players demand way more than before.

F.x. I played as Bath City in the BSP, and was part-time club. But I still had some Full-time contracts going. When the club is part-time any full-time contracts offered, the players usually demands around £200-400 p/w depending on skills. Once I go Professional, they will be charging around £600-1000 p/w.

So if you think you will be going Professional in the near future, it can be a good financial decision to extend the F/T contracts of your best players, even if they demand a smaller pay rise. Once you turn Pro, they will be wanting way more :). After you turn Pro, some might complain about their measly contracts, but you can deal with that on a player to player basis.

In this FM teams seem to be a lot tight with their wage budgets specially if the club has some debt.

So when i get promoted to a professional tier i normally keep 10 or 11 on part-time contracts from the previous season to save some money and i'll normally replace them after that first season up.

Amatuer contract players will remain at your club unless they are signed up by other clubs. Amatuer players act basically like out-of-contract players.

Part time and full time contract players are legally bound to their contracts.

Amateur contracts = They play football for hobby (Sunday league players so to speak).

1. You cannot offer this type of contract once your club turns semi-pro or full pro.

2. Doesn't cost you any money for using them unless he has appearance bonus set.

3. Can and will leave your club during transfer window if a club approaches and signs him.

Part time contracts = It means they may have another job to keep their mouth fed in real. :)

1. Maximum of 3 years

2. Player trains sometimes (3 days a week or so).

3. Requests about half wage of otherwise full time wage.

4. You can still offer this contract even if your club turns full pro but players you want to sign will normally reject part-time contracts.

Full time contracts = Player's living is entirely depended on his football performance.

1. Maximum of 5 years

2. Player is full time. Thus, trains full time.

Archived