FM13 Suggestion - User Player Ratings?

I don't think it changes the difficulty at all. It's still your personal opinion of good a player is (based on how valuable you think certain attributes are). It would just take some of the drudgery out of trawling through big lists of players to pick out the ones you are interested in.

I don't think it changes the difficulty at all. It's still your personal opinion of good a player is (based on how valuable you think certain attributes are). It would just take some of the drudgery out of trawling through big lists of players to pick out the ones you are interested in.

Well not really if you have the weightings of each attribute for each position (which you can get off these forums) then it would be a case of just choosing the player with the highest percentages at all times.

As an option tho, cant see why not, just not something i would use myself.

Maybe I'm an idiot (okay, no maybe about it) but I really don't get what's being suggested here.

The way I would implement it (which I think is slightly different from what the OP suggested, but broadly along the same lines), is you can specify a bunch of attributes and a weighting for each of those attributes and save it as a filter of some sort. So you could create a filter for say 'Target man' like:

Finishing(100%)

Strength (80%)

Heading (70%)

Work Rate (50%)

First Touch (30%)

You could then use those attributes and weightings to give each player a percentage score, based on how closely they match. So you could see player A is a 68% Target man, whereas player B is a 54% Target man. You could then sort players by a filter (like you can sort players by single attribute values, or AMs current ability rating), or search using them (so specify a player has a Target man rating of at least 50%). It's basically just a more intelligent version of the searching by attributes and match X/Y tools in the current player search screen.

The way I would implement it (which I think is slightly different from what the OP suggested, but broadly along the same lines), is you can specify a bunch of attributes and a weighting for each of those attributes and save it as a filter of some sort. So you could create a filter for say 'Target man' like:

Finishing(100%)

Strength (80%)

Heading (70%)

Work Rate (50%)

First Touch (30%)

You could then use those attributes and weightings to give each player a percentage score, based on how closely they match. So you could see player A is a 68% Target man, whereas player B is a 54% Target man. You could then sort players by a filter (like you can sort players by single attribute values, or AMs current ability rating), or search using them (so specify a player has a Target man rating of at least 50%). It's basically just a more intelligent version of the searching by attributes and match X/Y tools in the current player search screen.

This is a very good idea. At the moment I have something like this in an Excel file, but I have to search for players, take their attributes, report them in my excel file... quite boring. I'd be very happy if it was coded directly in the game.

This is a very good idea. At the moment I have something like this in an Excel file, but I have to search for players, take their attributes, report them in my excel file... quite boring. I'd be very happy if it was coded directly in the game.

It already is to a certain extent. I presume anybody wanting to use this would want it to find the BEST role for a player. The game tells you this via Coach/Scout reports under the positions section. In my game I click on the report for Chicharito and it tells me he's best as a Poacher-Attack. Phil Jones as a defender is best as Ball Playing Defender-Stopper, as a DM its Anchor Man-Defend and as a CM its Ball Winning Midfielder-Defend.

The info is there. You just need to take 30 seconds to get a report rather than it being handed on a plate.

It already is to a certain extent. I presume anybody wanting to use this would want it to find the BEST role for a player. The game tells you this via Coach/Scout reports under the positions section. In my game I click on the report for Chicharito and it tells me he's best as a Poacher-Attack. Phil Jones as a defender is best as Ball Playing Defender-Stopper, as a DM its Anchor Man-Defend and as a CM its Ball Winning Midfielder-Defend.

The info is there. You just need to take 30 seconds to get a report rather than it being handed on a plate.

No, that's not what I was talking about. I have 5 potential players I'd like to sign as a Target man, and I'd like to compare them. I don't wanna find the best role for a player, I want to know which of the 5 players I'm targeting is the best for the role I want him to have.

Scout reports don't tell you "Chicharito is better than Fernando Torres as a Poacher" if Chicharito and Torres are not in your team.

It's there for finding out a players best role, but not for finding a new player to fit a certain role. If I want to find a ball-winning midfielder at the moment, I have to go to player search, set up a filter to roughly match the required attributes and then repeatedly alter the match X/Y setting and the minimum attribute value until I start getting a suitable list of candidates. It's fiddly and time consuming. With this new system, all I have to do is specify once what my ideal player is, and then it will list all the candidates with a rating of how closely they match what I want.

Its like having your own opinion on the rating of a player. Yes scouts and coaches etc already rate players but managers dont. No instead we have to get out a pen and a piece of paper.

As for it making the game easier. Does it? We all have different opinion on what makes a good centre back and just how inportant certain attributes are. For instance a lot of players believe determination is vital. I don't. Well certainly not that justifies a 100% rating. Maybe more important the further back a player is position wise.

I'm not sure what benefit there is to putting your own ratings on players.

I am managing Liverpool and my preference at DC is in this order: Agger, Skrtel, Carragher, Coates. But with Coates improving and Carragher declining, next season my preference will be: Agger, Skrtel, Coates, Carragher.

This is my opinion on the players, but I don't need to put ratings on them, I know in my head which players I prefer. if I put ratings on them on 1st July, they could be drastically different by 1st August and I would have to change them again.

Archived