What a joke, sort it out SI!

So, my side had been on a great run of form recently, unbeaten in 36 and then...

Hi, so you're highlighting the text I see. Read on in the space below.

BAM! I lose to a team in bad form and well down the league table... Not only did my side lose, but they dominated the match. We had 65% of the ball and had 600 completed passes against the opponents 241. We had the same number of shots (they just blazed shots at goal) and what do you know, they won 2-0! Not only that, but they scored a corner, as in it went straight in from the corner!

Now, most people will not have heard of Brisbane Roar, but they are a team in Australia.

But okay, I should calm down...

They were on an Australian sporting record of 36 games unbeaten run...

BOOM! We lose again, this time at home! This time we again had equal shots, but ours were again in much better positions. My strikers seem to have lost their first touch too. This time we had 66% of the ball and had 543 completed passes to the opponents 142! What rubbish! They win 2-1 despite us being in control! But... Okay, this happens...

...and lost to Sydney the other week. I see threads complaining about this kind of thing...

GALLOP! AND AGAIN! This time to even worse opposition! We had more shots, 71% of the ball and had 529 completed passes to their mere 97. They won 2-0! 2 bloody 0! The second goal looked offside as well! This is complete rubbish, how can the match engine be this bad! This game is ruined now, ruined!

...all the time on here so I thought I'd write it up as a mock complaint. Have fun!

SORT IT OUT SI!

I'm sure your thread is in a slightly humorous tone, but this is something that has happened to me in just about every season so far on FM12.

I'll have a great run, go on a big winning/unbeaten streak, play really well etc. Then I'll drop points out of the blue, usually after dominating the game, and that's it, guaranteed winless streak. I'll use team meetings, try and be encouraging with team talks etc, but it feels almost powerless. Then I'll get back into some form again after 5-6 games of this. Here's an example below in my current save:

unbeaten.jpg

beaten.jpg

Note the above has basically happened in every season I've played, across two saves.

The general consensus here is "overconfidence", which bothers me as I don't want to be in a position where, if my team is in great form and playing beautifully, that I can't give them the praise they deserve for fear of them suddenly becoming useless.

That's typical after such a long winning streak. The first loss is inevitable, and it always happens against a bad team (overconfidence). The second loss is completely avoidable if you avoid slamming the team after the first loss (sympathize, if you were the best team) and encourage/boost the team before the match.

Angry/assertive not pleased post-match + assertive/passionate for the fans/expect a win pre-match2 will likely make the loss into a trend in my experience.

So I can't tell the team I'm disappointed/angry if they lose a game they should win? If I have a professional squad, why does that not steel them to make sure they don't repeat the performance?

If my team dominates a game and wastes chances, and then sloppy defensive play leads to a computer winner, I don't see that as a situation I should be sympathising.

Hell, I support one of the teams that beat Brisbane, yet still failed to recognise it. Mega fail on my part. Mind you I thought we deserved the win, lol. Surprised to see we only had 142 passes though. Although I guess it was just shut up shop after half an hour though.

Brisbane Roar, in Australia's A-League, have been dominating for the best part of 18 months, smashing teams left right and centre playing a very attractive, short passing style of football. They recently lost three games on the spin, despite still dominating the games in terms of possession. So it seems the OP is lampooning the whingers of this board who can't quite believe it when they go on a losing run even when creating all their CCCs.

Most of you all are being had, the OP is talking about a RL series of events. :)

Never seen or heard of Australian football results so no chance of a recognition there.

When that is said, I thought the amount of passes were a bit high for FM... And I blamed the manager not the ME, so I escaped that with honour I think :)

So, my side had been on a great run of form recently, unbeaten in 36 and then...

As explain a few days ago, you make an inaccurate management who lead to a bad form one day or another. Bad training, bad rotation of your player, bad team management etc etc...lot of cause can explain your bad form. it's the game.

As explain a few days ago, you make an inaccurate management who lead to a bad form one day or another. Bad training, bad rotation of your player, bad team management etc etc...lot of cause can explain your bad form. it's the game.

You need to read the whole thread , mate:D

Hahaha very good, I should've picked it up actually as I'm a Heart fan. Although I think we were pretty good value for the 2-1, given most of Brisbane's passing wasn't incisive and they only looked like scoring when Danning came on and started running directly.

A truly fantastic thread on so many levels! Quality work by Some Guy!, shoo-in for GD Poster of the Quarter next time. :D

This is the best thread... probably ever. Shows the somewhat cynical nature of some/most people. I also must say that I hope the Brisbane form slump holds till after they play Adelaide United FC!

+1

it happens irl...Brisbane Roar has just lost their 3rd game in a row after going 36 games undefeated.
I am not going to read everything written until now so excuse me if i am repeating something BUT

H_O_W strange is it that he finds no problem to the fact that he managed to stay unbeaten for so many games and the "problem" is with the losses?

The game is too streaky, I believe SI will be working on that for the next patch. I read this on the bug forum, dont remember the thread
All good runs come to an end lads! Things like this often happen in football.

Thats_the_joke.jpg

This is normal you lost it knocked the players so your on a bad run now, to back up another poster why go on about having more passing all in all its who puts there chances away that wins games.

you could create 60 more chances than the other team but they could still win as its about who puts there chances away.

it happens irl...Brisbane Roar has just lost their 3rd game in a row after going 36 games undefeated.
I am not going to read everything written until now so excuse me if i am repeating something BUT

H_O_W strange is it that he finds no problem to the fact that he managed to stay unbeaten for so many games and the "problem" is with the losses?

I can't decide which of these is the bigger epic fail. Maybe they both deserve it.

Archived