[FMHi 2012] Player Value

How is this calculated and affected? I've noticed that after I buy and sell players their value shoots up. I bought Lucas Leiva valued at £9.75M for £14.75M and his value rose to about £19M. I then sold John Obi Mikel valued at around £13-14M for £16.25M and his value rose to £34M. Both players are of the same age and are defensive midfielders and Leiva has better stats than Mikel, as well as also being a natural at central midfield while Mikel is only acomplished there. So I was just wondering how come Mikel rose to a much higher value than Leiva, and also why do buying and selling players raise their value. How else is their value determined as well?

• SI Staff
and also why do buying and selling players raise their value.

Buying and selling players generally raises their valuation for several reasons:

* Player moving to a larger club, if a player moves to say Man Utd from a smaller club then the press/people tend to percieve their talent as being worthy of being at that larger club ... hence valuing him more highly.

* A player being purchased by a club shows he's in demand and thus worth purchasing.

Archived