The transfer system is just terrible

Now i apologise if this has been brought up before but for love nor money i can't sell players not even great ones and if i have to sell them they have to go for peanuts and still want me to pay some of their wages until their contract is finished, on the other hand AI teams will buy from other AI teams for mega money for complete garbage players. Are people going to comment that it's just me or im unlucky in my game or are people gonna agree that the transfer system sucks and always has, it's by far the worst part of any FM series.

Please fix it SI.

it's my only major gribe.

Edit

oh and a player is angry at me because i promised to sell him but I CAN'T.

I can't say I've noticed major problems selling my deadwood. Always seems to be teams that want most of my players. There are a few that I couldn't get offers for, but I guess that's just football!

Not disputing your experiences though. I have noticed a lot of posts about the same problems.

Chances are when you want to sell a player they will be performing poorly, or not be good enough for your side. Who wants to pay a substantial amount for such players?

My players that I don't need often go for less than their value. Although, the players playing well receive of double and even triple their value.

I have managed to sell both players performing really well and players not playing at all. So I am fairly happy with that part of the transfer system atleast. But as mije1983says, I am not disputing anyone with different experiences.

It's all down the reputation differences. The player's reputation is too high for small clubs, while his ability is not good enough for big clubs.

It's about time SI changes the system so reputation doesn't determine everything in the game.

I have experimented with the transfer system a bit and how to sell "unsellable" players. The common trend I noticed was the players wages. I have offered players out and no one wanted them. Good players too. I reduced their wages in FMRTE and offered them same players out again and low and behold, lots of clubs interested.

Try to offer higher bonus' and signing fees for player and agent rather than high numbers in the weekly wage. You will find it easier to sell said players then.

Davey Boy I agree with you absolutely. Selling players in this game sucks! Most times I can't even give them away. I'd say perhaps I manage to move about one in fifteen players in the transfer market. The rest just stew in the reserves till their contract expires.

I just accept the situation now though because, clearly, no one from SI is gonna fix this.

I never use this FMRTE (it scares me!) thing to get results; I believe the game should do it.

I have experimented with the transfer system a bit and how to sell "unsellable" players. The common trend I noticed was the players wages. I have offered players out and no one wanted them. Good players too. I reduced their wages in FMRTE and offered them same players out again and low and behold, lots of clubs interested.

Try to offer higher bonus' and signing fees for player and agent rather than high numbers in the weekly wage. You will find it easier to sell said players then.

Hi Jmf, thanks for this mate and sharing it i have always done that but it annoys me when you takeover a side with a big stadium who have horsecrap on 100,000k a week or close to it and you can't sell them at all. i'm pleased somone went and did this you will have made my fm experience slightly more enjoyable because at least now i know that if a player of good quality is being sold by me, if no-one wants him it's because the reputation of the teams interested doesn't match the player i'm selling's wages.

Archived