Question about updates/patches

Every year since I can remember there has always been 3 updates,

one relatively straight after release to fix any bugs found at release.

a second one early december

and then the final one mid feb which is mostly a data update.

However this year I noticed we are already at 12.4 does this mean there wont be any further updates in Feb? I normally wait for the finished article before purchasing it aas I have been caught out by some bugs once and it ruined the whole version for me somewhat.

Am I safe to buy now?

With the addition of Steam for all this year, it's been a lot easier for SI to do lots of smaller updates. Hence the reason we have had 4 already. There isn't any patch plan at the moment. I would imagine the only one for sure will be in February with the data update.

Every time a new patch comes out isnt it still recommended to start a new save?

No - so far the updates/fixes (not called patches now) have been for minor issues that haven't required a restart. There may well be a major fix on the way but a restart is only really requires if there is data that is updated.

What are we hoping for a patch for? There is nothing major wrong with the game and I think its the best one for years mainly because it has not needed patching all the time. I hate nothing more than when they **** your tactics up with a major patch every few months.

Archived