Just Wondering What Do You Do During Matches ?

I have alot of friends who play this and I may be strange i dont know but when I play I always whatch the match with highlights in key and match speed up full but they all think i'm weird doing that as they put just commentary on so it goes quicker.I tried that but i just dont get the same enjoyment of watching a good chance or good piece of play being told to me by commentators i like watching it myself in normal speed anyone else feel the same please comment cheers icon14.gif

I have alot of friends who play this and I may be strange i dont know but when I play I always whatch the match with highlights in key and match speed up full but they all think i'm weird doing that as they put just commentary on so it goes quicker.I tried that but i just dont get the same enjoyment of watching a good chance or good piece of play being told to me by commentators i like watching it myself in normal speed anyone else feel the same please comment cheers icon14.gif

Commentary only. Fastest possible. I browse the net through the first half and if I've found something interesting usually miss the second too. Unless I remember then I use all three subs at 60 minutes.

If I could just click and it would give an instant result I'd use that. I much prefer bringing up youngsters and things than infinitely tweaking tactics.

I watch maybe 90% of Werder Bremen's matches in Full Match mode nowadays with highlight speed (i.e. everything!) set to ~75% speed. Full speed is way too fast for me to see properly what is going on and react.

I have started watching more of Fiorentina's games on full match mode also, but I still watch > 50% of those in key or extended highlights again with highlight speed at 75%, but the other slider (I forget what it is called - the one that determines speed between the highlights) set to max speed.

Prior to managing Bremen I almost always used key highlights, but my enjoyment at Bremen surrounds how we play, not in the results. Obviously I want results, but I put style first, results second and there's not much point doing that if you don't sit back and admire the style!

Highlights: Key

Match speed: Fastest

There's no way I could ply this without the 2D images now. Without this there's no way I'll be able to know who yell abuse at and threaten to substitute within the first 10mins.

There's no way I want to watch the match in full detail, I need the 2D to get a feel of what is going on.

All I need adding is a half time team talk where I can tell my strikers they should be shot.

Doesn't the idea of not watching any part of the games defeat the object?

Surely all the work you put into your team - buying players, training schedules, nurturing youngsters, getting new staff in and so on is all meant to enhance your team's performance on the pitch?!

Then you don't even watch to see if any of it has an effect? It's beyond me to be honest. icon_confused.gif

NB: that wasn't aimed at anyone in particular, several have mentioned this.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by stelly999:

Surely all the work you put into your team - buying players, training schedules, nurturing youngsters, getting new staff in and so on is all meant to enhance your team's performance on the pitch?!

Then you don't even watch to see if any of it has an effect? It's beyond me to be honest. icon_confused.gif

NB: that wasn't aimed at anyone in particular, several have mentioned this. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The 2D match engine hates me :evil:

Seriously.

I keep the highlights on Key, match speed slider on full, highlights slider at 3/4.

I'd be very very happy if there was a "quick calc" mode, where I could skip watching matches completely, but if as I can't do that I at least like to see the goals. icon_smile.gif

It depends.

Friendlies are either ass-man managed or commentary only - until I get the big team I always try for a week before the start of the season.

Regular games are key highlights and quickest commentary speed.

If the opposition gets three shots in on goal to my zero, I switch to full match to see where I'm going wrong then tweak accordingly. When my possession goes back up I return to "key".

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by stelly999:

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ahhh. But you're forgetting that some of us learnt on CM1 and so we know how to play solely enjoying the text commentary.

Plus if you don't actually watch the match engine then those 5 yard misses, defenders wandering off, no closing down issues (etc) suddenly vanish and the whole thing is much more enjoyable.

My 1.2418 pence.

VB

Extended Highlights with the match speed dead centre on the slider. Yes it can be soooooooooooooooooooooooooo frustrating seeing a player do something stupid but it has helped me crerate some very good tactics and I love seeing my team scoring a classy goal.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> If I could just click and it would give an instant result I'd use that. I much prefer bringing up youngsters and things than infinitely tweaking tactics. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Holiday for a day?

I use commentry only. Highest speed.

Question: Just Wondering What Do You Do During Matches ?

Answer: Swear, a lot.

I actually watch most games on full detail and only switch to high lights for any games I am romping home in, otherwise I feel I miss a lot of what is happening on the pitch. The text doesn't allow you to see the areas where the opposition is weak.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by VonBlade:

Commentary only. Fastest possible. I browse the net through the first half and if I've found something interesting usually miss the second too. Unless I remember then I use all three subs at 60 minutes.

If I could just click and it would give an instant result I'd use that. I much prefer bringing up youngsters and things than infinitely tweaking tactics. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Lol. Classic.

I used to watch the game on slow speed , hi-lights medium speed and just the importatant. Since 08 Ive found i have to watch the entire game pretty much, otherwise i get tonked.

Key highlights for me with match speed on full and highlights two notches down from full speed.

As for commentary only, well i played cm99/00 over the past few days whilst at a relatives and it was good to go back to basics with just the text and the HUGE flashing colours when you score icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Chris Waddle:

Highlights: Key

Match speed: Fastest

There's no way I could ply this without the 2D images now. Without this there's no way I'll be able to know who yell abuse at and threaten to substitute within the first 10mins.

There's no way I want to watch the match in full detail, I need the 2D to get a feel of what is going on.

All I need adding is a half time team talk where I can tell my strikers they should be shot. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

hahaha LOL icon14.gif

Extended highlights with match speed in the middle. I like to be able to see when my tactics are going wrong and how I should adjust them, but I really don't like just flying through matches. The sense of time during the match just feels wrong with the settings on anything else.

Highlights: Off

Match Speed: Fastest

Commentary only...

as a CM9798 'lifer', I just needs me commentary, this may change in the future.

During matches: Either stare at the commentary and chew my nails (bad habit kids), or nip outside for a cigarette (bad habit kids) during 1H and return for the second half. The latter is my watch from the stands and let my assistant shout at them during the first 45 tactic...

Match speed normal, highlights fastest.

Depending on how nervous I am for the game, I'll surf or do something else during the first half and watch the second. If I'm ahead in the last 5-6 minutes and it's close, I'll set up my defensive tactic and turn away - can't stand to watch every second of the last 10 (last 5 min plus 5 min stoppage time) minutes.

Archived