[iOS 2012] Rafa's 3-1-4-1-1

I'll use this in one of my Pre-Season with Newcastle! BTW, Who should I sign for Newcastle Doumbia or Hooper?

Doumbia all the way :) Let me know how the tactic works for you.

Hmmm in Wales perhaps, but I'm not convinced a back 3 (especially with WingBacks) will work in more competitive leagues ....

(listens intently for feedback)

I used it with Porto on the "unhappy players" challenge. A more aggressive version, with the wingers turned into Inside Forwards so I could fit Hulk ;) It worked brilliantly.

That is a ridiculous final point tally for the title!

I think so too! When I started the game, I compared my squad with other clubs, and thought that it would be brilliant to get a top 6 position. If you consider trying it, let me know how it goes :)

Hmmm in Wales perhaps, but I'm not convinced a back 3 (especially with WingBacks) will work in more competitive leagues ....

(listens intently for feedback)

I don't know if it's a good convincing point for you, but...

2mpitld.png

htage1.png

2njei2o.png

Lost 2-0 home, and won 3-0 away after extra time ;) (actually, the game had crashed before when I had earned a 1-1 home draw).

Later on Maccabi Haifa was too strong for us, we lost 0-3 on aggregate.

I tried stacking the midfield with Harrogate in first 10 or so games of my first season in EPL, I have had to revert back to 442 as I was leaking way too many goals, still trying to work out what the best formation would be for a team full of youth / regens

I saw your 3-2-3-2 on your thread. It's the exact same setup I used to play in CM 97-98 :p

For me, the secret of a good defence in FMH is a good DMC. In this tactic, the DMC has in general the second highest average rating of the team. Tackling, Heading and Positioning is what you're looking for. You should try and change one of your MCs into a DMC. If you do so, let me know how it works.

I saw your 3-2-3-2 on your thread. It's the exact same setup I used to play in CM 97-98 :p

For me, the secret of a good defence in FMH is a good DMC. In this tactic, the DMC has in general the second highest average rating of the team. Tackling, Heading and Positioning is what you're looking for. You should try and change one of your MCs into a DMC. If you do so, let me know how it works.

Yeah I used it in CM 97-98 aswell, lower league it dominates but having a hard time in the Prem, I have a few kids about to explode, 1 of them is a DMC, might give it another try next season.

That's nice :)

Which club are you managing?

Was using Chelsea..

After a day of use, this is certainly the best tactic touted on the forums so far

And allows me to use wide players in the squad

Condition drains rather fast on the B2B midfielders though

Going to try it on a weaker team next

Was using Chelsea..

After a day of use, this is certainly the best tactic touted on the forums so far

And allows me to use wide players in the squad

Condition drains rather fast on the B2B midfielders though

Going to try it on a weaker team next

True, the BBM are always the ones to get tired quicker. Your options are 1) to try and use players with high stamina there, 2) have decent subs or 3) changing the role to CM.

• 5 weeks later...

Archived