So. do we ever talk about mind games?

Guest avine

So.. do we ever talk about mind games in forums? is this part of the game used or considered time wasting?:)

do you like using mind games while u are a Head coach and how much do they effect they way you play?

I find it to be a waste of time, you get very limited options to comment on a manager & most of those can only be used in the week immediately before or after your teams meets.

The feature will go in the bin for really nice ideas that have been poorly implemented & ignored.

Standard mind-games from AI managers;

I win - Get told I am out of my depth by AI manager

I win with a landslide 5-0 thumping - Get told my team would do better if we took more shots rather than trying to pass the ball into the net.

I Lose - Get praised by AI manager.

I use mind games at critical points in a season and generally find them very effective.

Ditto.

Was gunning for the 3rd promotion spot with Stockport - but MK Dons were breathing down my neck.

So I commented on how the manager would struggle, etc. More likely to hope for a top-half spot instead...

A terrbile run of form ensued for them.

Co-incidence? Possibly.

I find it to be a waste of time, you get very limited options to comment on a manager & most of those can only be used in the week immediately before or after your teams meets.

The feature will go in the bin for really nice ideas that have been poorly implemented & ignored.

Standard mind-games from AI managers;

I win - Get told I am out of my depth by AI manager

I win with a landslide 5-0 thumping - Get told my team would do better if we took more shots rather than trying to pass the ball into the net.

I Lose - Get praised by AI manager.

I use them occasionally, I find questioning their suitability for the job worked very well in FM11 but hasn't worked so well in FM12.

However like you say, the AI mind games are just stupid. I was told that I was out of my depth once as Barcelona manager, despite in 3 seasons having won the league 3 times and won the CL and Spanish Cup once apiece. If that sort of thing happened in real life the manager would be sacked and sent to a mental asylum.

Back in previous FM, particularly FM11, mind games effectively affected the opposite team's morale, and if you target a player week in week out, like Torres, then his morale would always stay low. It seems that it has been removed from FM12, because I don't see it affect players as much anymore (no more PR symbol next to their names after you said something in the media).

Ditto.

Was gunning for the 3rd promotion spot with Stockport - but MK Dons were breathing down my neck.

So I commented on how the manager would struggle, etc. More likely to hope for a top-half spot instead...

A terrbile run of form ensued for them.

Co-incidence? Possibly.[/quote

I love mind games at chosen spots throghout the season and have found them to be effective if used correctly.

Your post shows how you probably have chosen the wrong type of team to issue a comment on. The MK dons team could have a more determined personalty and wanted to play for there manager more than your own team wanted to play for you. What you effectivly did was inspire the MK doms team rather than your own due to the differing players personalities in the teams. check the player has resonded well to manager comment for your own team and opposion. What I generally do once Ive issued a comment is check how the oppenents have responded to it in there player 'pr' and adjust my tactics/team talks etc also to suit, as its all linked into getting the correct result.

Its also like in press conferences I have successfully made an promotion rival faulter by putting the team under pressure. When asked if they promotion rival will win against another team I have resonded that they will win that one easily, leading them to lose the game and giving me an advantage. I am not saying it works all the time as that would be a gliche/cheat. I generally have anserwed I dont have anything to say about the game but at an oppotunist moment against the right opposition the rival is playing I turn up the pressure. This helped me achieve endless suceess in FM2011 and previous versions

Archived