anyone play with a fluid style of play

I play fluid and am very successful with it.

Fluid

Control

Short passing

More expressive

More roaming

Can work with anyone if you have the right players.

I used it with Stockport in League 2 and Blackpool in the Championship.

who would you say uses this in real life wioth all the things you have.

I always use it, normally in a 4-2-4, but with my Roma team i play

-------G-------

RB--CB--CB--LB

-------DM-----

---------------

AMR--AMC--AML

----ST--ST-----

Direct

Attacking

More Expresseive

More Roaming

Fluid

The team is: Schmeichel, Lustig, S.Taylor, Burdisso, Dodo, De Rossi, Granero, Pjanic, Lamela, Carbone(regen), Barcos (regen)

No "mentality/strategy" is necessarily better than any other, it just depends on your circumstances.

Generally, a fluid/attacking approach will give your players more options moving forward as there will be more overlap and players will be more likely to move out of position to create more chances. The downside is that you may lose your shape in the back and expose yourself to counter attacks. If you are playing a fluid/defensive approach, it means your more attacking players are more likely to come back and provide cover for your defenders. The downside is that your team will need more time to regain its attacking shape and may not be well-positioned to launch a counter attack.

In contrast, a rigid approach means your team will maintain its basic shape, helping it recover to its defensive shape from failed attacks quicker and being slightly more efficient on the break as strikers will always be poised to attack rather than dropping back. The downside is that, generally, your team will play rather statically and your midfielders will have less options for creating chances.

Mostly, it depends on the type of players you have. I generally use a fluid approach for very creative teams that try to dominate possession whereas I prefer a rigid approach for more physical teams that mainly score from counter attacks.

What are the advantages of playing shorter passing vs. more direct passing?

I play with 3 CM's and 1 AMC...I guess im assuming shorter works better with a team that has more players in the Central Mid where More Direct works better with a team with more AM's whether they are AMC's or AMRL's?

Am I right with that thinking?

Fluid

Control

Short passing

More expressive

More roaming

This is the way I played on previous FMs and was very successful. Tried it with Liverpool on FM12 and I couldn't buy a win, was conceding far too many goals. So I changed to rigid, less expressive and stick to position whilst keeping the short passing. This instantly transformed my team into a solid unit and my form turned around completely. Now I seem to do pretty well against better teams but am struggling to finish off the smaller ones, so it's a lot more like the real Liverpool!

what you on about

I may have misunderstood, I've fairly tired. Anyhow, here is the post you quoted:

Fluid

Control

Short passing

More expressive

More roaming

In the following post:

who would you say uses this in real life wioth all the things you have.

I thought you asked if any teams use a tactic like that in real life with the limited resources that teams like Blackpool or Stockport have. As such I suggested Brisbane. Sorry if I made a mistake.

I may have misunderstood, I've fairly tired. Anyhow, here is the post you quoted:

In the following post:

I thought you asked if any teams use a tactic like that in real life with the limited resources that teams like Blackpool or Stockport have. As such I suggested Brisbane. Sorry if I made a mistake.

i was asking who plays in real life like i do in the game.

i was asking who plays in real life like i do in the game.

I'm sorry, I must be more tired than I thought. I don't quite get what you're saying. You posted that quote and asked "Who would you say uses this* in real life with all the things† you have."

I assumed the this with an * on it referred to mentalities stated by SWaRFeGa whilst the things with the † on it referred to the players or finances...

Archived