Playing with two poachers in a 4-3-1-2

I have Abel Hernandez and Jordan Ayew......Does this work at all?.....they both play best as poachers but Hernandez can well as complete forward.

I saw a suggestion to play one as a poacher and one as a more support striker and to have them swap positions......if players swap positions, do they swap roles as well or keep their same roles?

Thanks

I wouldn't recommend it unless you have an AMC as well, as otherwise you'll have too big a gap between midfield and strikers. In any front pairing, one of the strikers is going to like to come deep to get the ball. Complete forward and poacher would work well, but two poachers will leave too much pressure on your midfield and wingers to create chances for them.

There's certainly a danger that your poachers will starve to death up there on their own. I was thinking of playing a wide diamond formation with two poachers, and a supporting AMC myself but usually I would have one attacker and one supplier up front.

For your second point, the roles stay with the position not the player. (A lot of people, including me, have suggested player specific instructions would be a good addition but no luck yet.)

Archived