Any way to roll back to previous version without uninstalling?

First season in the Premier league with Leeds, doing fantastic. 31 games played, sitting third with a 16 point gap over the fifth placed team.

Then the save game broke (again) and I have to go back to game 10.

And now my team is utter garbage. My forwards insist on hitting every chance directly at the keeper and they don't get many because my midfield that was creating 15+ chances is now lucky to make 5.

My keeper has lost the ability to catch the ball and my defensive players insist on fannying around with the ball just outside my area and conceding chances.

My first replay I lost to Man Utd, Villa, Cardiff 4-1 in the cup, I beat bottom of the table QPR, 1-0 at home despite them playing me off the park, I then lost to Norwich and everton, before quitting and starting the save again.

I have now done this 5 times (call me a cheat if you want, but the game nerfed me so I feel justified) and I cannot win a game. Since my squad, staff and tactics are the same, I can only put it down to the patch wrecking it.

Don't play the game the exact same way as last time; it's no guarantee that you'll have the same amount of sucess. If you re-start, you should play it properly and carefully like normal, instead of doing the same thing you did on the previous save that crashed and hoping for the best

You would think when your last comment was deleted you would have the sense not to post something similar.

Anyway learn from your mistake the same as what many of us have over the last few years - Save regularly and have rolling saves activated.

As for your original question if you reinstall by downloading from Steam you'll always get the latest version, if you have the disc you can install from there 12.0.0 but you'll need to turn off Steam updates.

Unfortunately the best idea is to forget those matches you've lost and start again from your last save point taking each result as it comes.

First season in the Premier league with Leeds, doing fantastic. 31 games played, sitting third with a 16 point gap over the fifth placed team.

Then the save game broke (again) and I have to go back to game 10.

And now my team is utter garbage. My forwards insist on hitting every chance directly at the keeper and they don't get many because my midfield that was creating 15+ chances is now lucky to make 5.

My keeper has lost the ability to catch the ball and my defensive players insist on fannying around with the ball just outside my area and conceding chances.

My first replay I lost to Man Utd, Villa, Cardiff 4-1 in the cup, I beat bottom of the table QPR, 1-0 at home despite them playing me off the park, I then lost to Norwich and everton, before quitting and starting the save again.

I have now done this 5 times (call me a cheat if you want, but the game nerfed me so I feel justified) and I cannot win a game. Since my squad, staff and tactics are the same, I can only put it down to the patch wrecking it.

I very much doubt the patch has caused your bad run, this forum would be full of people complaining. You just have to accept that runs dont go on forever plus AI manager's will adapt their teams to your tactics. I've seen AI managers even copying my tactics in terms of unusual formations.

Just accept you are going through a bad patch. IRL look at Arsenal at the beginning of the season...happens irl also!

I don't think uninstalling rolls it back does it?

I'm sure I read a thread on here that said, unless you stop Steam from updating it in the first place, you can never roll back.

Because you have to install the game through Steam, and it will always update it to the latest patch...

Unless there is a way to uninstall FM12, and then install it again with Steam offline.. but I thought Steam needed to be online for the first time install.

Archived