Top player and contract

Im lucky to have Javier Pastore in my team but on 300k wages his contract runs out in 1 and a half seasons and i don't have enough to renew his contract i even edited my very healthy budget all the way and i still can't reach what he is earning now, im trying to get him down to 230k and put up the loyality and his agent fee but no luck. I then threatened to transfer list him if he doesn't agree to sign a new contract and he said he just wants the best or fair contract for him (forget the exact words) i try again with his contract but still a no go, so i put him on the transfer list and then he complains im trying to get rid of him when thats not the case i want to resign him or i will lose him on a free.

what to do?

EDIT

communication should be better with players also.

In some cases, a player will magically be more reasonable as his contract approaches its end. Only problem by then is that others might offer him a contract too. It's hard to know what you can do. But by upsetting him, you've probably made your job a touch harder. I would suggest pushing on with the game and just keep trying him. Hopefully he'll settle for a poxy £230k nearer the end of his contract.

Archived