Unrealistic Transfers Fm12

Anyone else seeing completely unrealistic transfers in FM 2012?

After first season,

Michael Essien, Daniel Sturridge Robin Van Persie and Jack Wilshire available for the odd million.

I am enjoying this game, but slighly disillusioned but some strange transfer activity. Takes away from the realism, which has always been a strong selling point for FM.

Essien has a long term injury so maybe Chelsea replaced him. Sturridge maybe hasnt got a high enough rep for an AI manager to pick him. He would be behind Drogba and Torres in the eyes of the AI. Maybe even Lukaku depending on reps. RVP is in the last year of his contract so maybe he wont sign and Arsenal are cashing in? Wilshere is in the same boat as Essien. Long term injury, and with the money Arsenal start off with, maybe they just bought somebody and he's now surplus. AI managers can be fickle at time but all can easily be explained.

After first season. No, all looked fine. Essien, Wilshire and RVP still listed in reserves. Sturridge at Newcastle. Unfortunately, they just sitting there doing nothing. I cant afford there salries and no other clubs interested. Just seems odd to me, mind you im only on Patch 1, but from other threads transfer system seems a big issue with some folks.

After first season. No, all looked fine. Essien, Wilshire and RVP still listed in reserves. Sturridge at Newcastle. Unfortunately, they just sitting there doing nothing. I cant afford there salries and no other clubs interested. Just seems odd to me, mind you im only on Patch 1, but from other threads transfer system seems a big issue with some folks.

How are you only on patch 1?

Essien has a long term injury so maybe Chelsea replaced him. Sturridge maybe hasnt got a high enough rep for an AI manager to pick him. He would be behind Drogba and Torres in the eyes of the AI. Maybe even Lukaku depending on reps. RVP is in the last year of his contract so maybe he wont sign and Arsenal are cashing in? Wilshere is in the same boat as Essien. Long term injury, and with the money Arsenal start off with, maybe they just bought somebody and he's now surplus. AI managers can be fickle at time but all can easily be explained.

Completely agree with your 'cause', but like i said, the realism was always a strong point for FM, has kind of put me off a bit.

Nope, not when playing in 'offline' mode.

Seems to be others with same thoughts: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/290855-Too-Many-top-players-rotting-in-the-Reserves

Hopefully, things will improve in later patches.

I thought that offline mode was broken. When patches are released it still forces you to update. It did for me anyway, and quite a few others from what ive read.

I thought that offline mode was broken. When patches are released it still forces you to update. It did for me anyway, and quite a few others from what ive read.

Strange, no not for me. Got the first patch that was released but nothing since. Have just assumed because i have stayed offline.

Archived