Havant & Waterlooville F.C

jeffers0n

Hi everyone, I was reading on the career post by our FM lover friends, and wondering whether should I have a post on mine career too~ but dah, I was already in my 7 seasons! Wohhoo, but I'm still trying to build this club from scratch~ and I would post updates on my career, maybe seasonal updates or players update or finance update or staff, training.. blah blah blah. I will be very random on the things I post, but it will revolve within this club, I my aim is to reach the Champions League Cup! But I guess its still a long long friggin way and my way is not too detailed on the tactics, or players but very well on the club itself like finances, attendances, youth facilities and stadium! So I always had a thing for signing young and good players and not 25 or 27 players unless they are very good to the team! Last thing, I do not really wanna get sack, and hopefully I have a career with Havant & Waterlooville F.C!

Heres a little update on this new, little history club

Havant & Waterlooville F.C

The club formed in 1998 Havent and waterlooville, thus having Havent & Waterlooville F.C, when I got control, they were playing in Blue Square Bet South. They are called Hawks and stadium is at West Leigh Park.

I started unemployed for 3 months and Boston Utd and Havent & W came calling, Boston was doing quite okay around 16th in BSB north but they wages is way too low, 2k per week, so I choose H & W for 4 K per week. But when I got control, they were in 20th position(relegation zone!!) haha, but I steer them off to 8th place that year.

But dah, I dun wish to talk about that now because it too long! I guess ppl are getting tired. Mayb later I will post my promotion fighting in npower League 2 post~~ hopefully I could go to npower League 1! Seeya Guys~

Season 1 2011/12

So I posted earlier, I took control of the club as head coach~ well, I don't really understand why they changed the name manager to head coach as that got me wasted 30 half hour of my life trying to apply job as Manager but only head coach available! And arh, I'm already in my 8th season, so writing this is recalling my first 7th season and I try to be as precise as possible.

So as I took control, The board ask me to keep clear of relegation and given me 0 transfer and 4k pw wages. At first I thought 4k is a lot compared to Boston U, who is trying to get me for only 2k.. But I realized 4k is sh*t.

Basically the team looks sh*t to me so I did a mass search n hunting :) and got a few great players, I suppose..

Pablo Counago (Spain ST) – I think he is alittle famous to people playing lower league career and he is amazing striker who scored 18 in 18 apps! I think he is the one literally bring the whole team up the table.

Acutally the team is not too bad, just that the goal and defense needs to be strengthen, so I signed GK like James Gilpin, DC Robert Hughes and Tim Stepheson, MC Charlie Fowler, ST Ross Bently and Sappleton Ricky

End of Season Standings. 8th place

Pld Won Drn Lst For Ag G.D Pts

42 19 6 16 90 68 + 22 64

Miss out the 5th playoff spot by 4 points but I'm happy since I already matched the board's expectations.

One thing to address, the board income is way too little, I think its partly down to part that this club is newly formed in 1998 and the average attendances is 617. I thought it low because of the stadium is too small and wanted to ask the board to expand the stadium but! I found out, actually my stadium capacity is 4500. Well, guess I have to play well to attract the fans to increase the attendance!

Other Miscellaneous stuff.

I let most of my staff go and tried to hired better stats one.

I played 4-2-4 attacking, fluid, more expressive freedom, more direct playing style, quick tempo, wide width.

Thats all for now.. Stay tuned for second season! How I got promoted to the Blue Square Bet Premier!!!

Archived