Best player to exploit the "Corner Cheat"

Just started a game and have Barzagli, Toure and Gallas to choose from to use this, i think barzagli would be the best for this, however in my 2nd season im willing to spend money on someone who can score 30+ goals from this. Micah Richards would be my choice but R.Madrid are interested and have made a bid, so i doubt i'll get him.

Any more suggestions? icon_wink.gif

Just started a game and have Barzagli, Toure and Gallas to choose from to use this, i think barzagli would be the best for this, however in my 2nd season im willing to spend money on someone who can score 30+ goals from this. Micah Richards would be my choice but R.Madrid are interested and have made a bid, so i doubt i'll get him.

Any more suggestions? icon_wink.gif

I'm not sure on this, but shouldn't balance, agility, positioning and anticipation also have some degree of importance too? I know I would at least want someone who doesn't position themselves somewhere on the moon when the corner comes...

i just ask him to attck the near post and don't bother disrupting the keeper (hence only half -cheating!) and he usually pops up with a vital few goals, if hes not playing i always opt for a centre back to do the same, someone with high jumping and heading and it usually works

At the start of the game, probably Micah Richards. Later on, I found a Brazillian called Gerson who is amazing - only 15 at first, but he scored me 10 from corners WITHOUT the challenge GK exlpoit. And he only played about half the games as I was rotating him with a regen I was nurturing.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by AB-forever:

My DC with Jumping 18 and Heading 19 rarely scores from this icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

In a save game I had, there was a MC with 20/20 here. He never scored in about 10 games. He got injured, and the replacement had 5 Jumping and 12 heading. He scored copious amounts of goals, and hit a hat-trick in one game from corners. icon_confused.gif

Set your corners to 6 yard box. Your best header to challenge keeper, second best to near post and third best to far post. The rest however you prefer, just dont put too many player forward. AFAIK this is how its done.

I use Richards, but when he's rested the next best is anyone with high jumping/heading/strength attributes. I'm sure the others Jonaleth mentions come into play too.

I get a stupid amount of goals, although it isn't successful if you're up against the very best defenders who can mark and out-muscle the 'exploit' player.

I really cant figure out which attributes make a player good at this. It seems some players are just good at it and others aren't. Its not just jumping and heading, in the past jumping used to be the main factor when it came to headers but in FM08 I dont know. There are other attributes which affect it like bravery etc.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by joebo_618:

at risk of getting noob heckled at me, how exactly do you take advantage of this?

also, i guess its gone in 8.02 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Jakobx tells you above. The exploit appeared in the 8.0.2 patch.

Barzagli gets about 15 a season for me because of this. Since he left it's just not been the same without him. icon_frown.gif Terry gets a few less, only because I use him to challenge the GK, Barzagli is always front post.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Tha Real behanger:

Gioda

Richards

Samba

Sergio Ramos

Squilacchi (Lyon) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i dont think the cheat works on FM07 (which is what i play) and i dont use the cheat but have my own one that works well but doesnt get my players +30goals a season which i find rediculous. however, what i find is that it is not always best to use your tallest player as the best defenders will be set to 'mark tall attackers'

This may be a little stretch here...

But,

On my save with Hibernian, my CB Chris Hogg ( Who starts at the club ) has bagged 11 goals in 19 starts with this. Quite optimistic for a big team, maybe a smaller team.

Even though I hate cheating, I prefer to think of this as a flaw in the oppositions or FM's AI.

For all the games where I dominate the match and end up losing or drawing because the oppositions GK won Man of the Match for the 5th game in a row, and/or the opposition only have a few shots on goal but still manage to win because of a lucky deflection....then I think it is perfectly accecptable to exploit a lack of tactical knowledge from my counterparts AI manager.

I say lack of tactical knowledge because I have noticed then when I have a player who has the best combination of height, strength, jumping and heading ability going forward for a corner....the I would have thought that the opposition would put a DEF C marking him (or someone who is good in the air) and not a 5'8" ATT MID!

Anyone agree?

P.S. Vidic is a beast when it comes to scoring from corners, but if you prefer a little more realism then go for a striker like Luca Toni or Miroslav Klose.

Miroslav Klose has scored 32 goals in 24 starts for Bayern Munich in my current season icon_rolleyes.gif

Mebee the AI has him exploiting the "corner cheat", I've never really noticed except when he keeps scoring against my Werder Bremen team in the 94th minute icon_mad.gif

I've never had a defender score more than 11 in one season and when you're in the CL Final for the first time in 7 years, against Barcelona, you try to exploit it. It just doesn't seem to work for me.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nomis07:

I've never had a defender score more than 11 in one season and when you're in the CL Final for the first time in 7 years, against Barcelona, you try to exploit it. It just doesn't seem to work for me. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Jimbokav has the same problem. He just can't get it to work for him. I tried it with the exact set up the guy said, and had minimal success with it, but I STILL wasn't the top "corner" scorers in the league.

I went back to putting corners in the penalty area, and put my best header for a near post flick on, and the goals started rolling in from corners. Go figure.

1 Thing I want to try, is putting every out field player on "Far post" - and the GK on "Near Post" and see what happens. Just think it could be fun.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jonaleth:

I'm not sure on this, but shouldn't balance, agility, positioning and anticipation also have some degree of importance too? I know I would at least want someone who doesn't position themselves somewhere on the moon when the corner comes... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Indeed. Jumping and heading don't do much by themselves, some of the other stats are also required.

I'd add composure to that list... and I'm not sure agility is very important for that purpose.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Simon spoons:

Frederick Fazio. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Came into the thread to say just that but he's pretty much a flawless CB alround so it goes without saying.

just cant score from corners and im following the "cheat" instructions..... have toure and breno and bentner up there (near, keeper and far)...all else away a bit from goal..... ball in 6 yrd box.... and very very rarely score icon_frown.gif

Archived