PDA

View Full Version : Crashing on "Continue Game"

bbronzan
11-12-2011, 16:37
Didn't see this covered elsewhere, sorry if it's been discussed. Got the game yesterday and played out a few games with my team. Upon re-opening the game and clicking to "Continue Game", nothing happened. The progress bar advances, then it returns to the title screen.

I figured that maybe I did something wrong when I closed it out, so I started a new game, played a few times (going out and back in to the program). This morning I tried to play and I'm getting the same result as before (can't load the game).

Any ideas? I'm using my iPhone and seem to have plenty of memory available. I've tried re-booting the device several times. Thanks!

Alari Naylor
11-12-2011, 17:18
Hi, thanks for reporting this.

Could you let us know what leagues you are running and an approximate date for the autosave that won't load? Could you also let us know what iPhone and iOS version you're using?

In addition, it would be great if you had an example of an autosave that won't load that we can take a look at. Steps for how to access the save files and send them to us are in this thread: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/290892-Football-Manager-Handheld-2012-Support-amp-F.A.Q.

bbronzan
11-12-2011, 21:03
Thanks for the quick reply. The league I'm playing with is Blue Square Premier, if that's what you are looking for. It's a Career league and I got about two months into it. The puzzling thing is that I have escaped the game and gone back in a few times (5-10, maybe). The autosave that doesn't seem to work is for last night (10-12-2011). I have an iPhone 3G and the iOS is 4.2.1.

I sent the autosave to the listed e-mail address.

Thanks again!

Alari Naylor
11-12-2011, 21:32
Thanks for the save, I'll take a look at it when I get into the office tomorrow.

Just to double-check, you only have England loaded? And the in-game date of the non-loading save is somewhere around late August/ early September? Do you happen to know whether it is before or after the transfer window closes?

bbronzan
11-12-2011, 21:40
Sorry, I think I have Spain and Italy loaded too. I didn't really know what I was doing when I started the league, so I picked a few countries. It happened right around the end of the transfer window... I know I passed the deadline, but not sure if it was on this autosave, or not. Thanks.

Alari Naylor
12-12-2011, 13:21
Thanks, we've received your save and it won't load here either. It's now been passed on to the coding team so we can work out why.

Alari Naylor
12-12-2011, 16:38
A coder has now looked at this save, the reason it won't load is that the fixture data appears to have become corrupted. We haven't ever seen crashes occur in this specific part of the app, it it possible that the game was somehow interrupted while saving due to low battery or any other outside influence?

I don't suppose there's any chance you have a slightly earlier autosave that does load? We'd really like to find a way to try and reproduce this.

Thanks for the save and the info so far and sorry we haven't been able to help any more yet.

bbronzan
12-12-2011, 16:54
Yes... the first time my season screwed up, it was a low battery shutoff. Set the phone down and didn't realize the game was still open and it shut off. I then started a "new game", played to the point I mentioned and that's where we are.

This particular game wasn't interrupted by anything. I closed out the game like I normally do. I don't have any other autosaves. I'm fine losing that game, I'm just wondering if there's anything that suggests this will happen again if I start a new game. Maybe deleting and re-installing the app makes sense?

Thanks!

A coder has now looked at this save, the reason it won't load is that the fixture data appears to have become corrupted. We haven't ever seen crashes occur in this specific part of the app, it it possible that the game was somehow interrupted while saving due to low battery or any other outside influence?

I don't suppose there's any chance you have a slightly earlier autosave that does load? We'd really like to find a way to try and reproduce this.

Thanks for the save and the info so far and sorry we haven't been able to help any more yet.

Alari Naylor
12-12-2011, 18:35
What we think has happened here is that the issue is a hangover from the previous low battery shutoff, where something in memory or in the autosave file hasn't been cleared when starting the new career.

To avoid this happening again, we recommend that you save your current career in one of the manual slots and delete the hidden.dat file (instructions are very similar to those for sending a save).

In future, if a save is corrupted due to low battery shutoff, we recommend rebooting the device, booting the app up, starting a new career and then saving manually and rebooting the app.

Hopefully this all makes sense, and hopefully you won't encounter the issue again.

bbronzan
12-12-2011, 21:24
I'll give that a shot. I sure appreciate the help.

Thanks!