No more flashing text for offsides

Does anyone else miss either the pure relief at having a goal you thought would knock you out of the cup disallowed?

Is there a good reason why the flashing text for disallowed goals has been removed? It removes any tension we once experienced as we waited, feeling sure it was offside, for the lino to flag for it...and then reviewing the same decision to make sure any subsequent post-match questions are handled correctly.

I used to celebrate these goals and then sit head-in-hands when it was ruled out. Just 'scored' what could have been a match-winner, but didn't even flinch, a shame really.

anyway the linesman always stood still when it was offside i noticed.

Yup, that's how I tell. If the lino runs back towards the halfway line it stands, if he stands still then he's flagging for a foul or freekick - but then tbh, that's how it is in real life.

I miss the flashing text too.

A linesman is a widely-used term for an assistant referee, as his job is primarily to run the line and adjudicate from there on incidents the referee doesn't have a clear view of or may have missed.

Hope this helps :thup:

A term not used once in the Laws of the Game you mean?

I know what an Assistant Referee is thank you, being that I act as one on most Saturday afternoons

i still get the flashing text for disallowed goals. i've only noticed it when watching 'commentary only' though. can't say i remember either way for 3d view.

i do find it strange that sometimes there isn't flashing text for goals that ARE allowed though.

i can go in at half time thinking its 0-0 and find out i'm 2-1 up.

Archived