Repeated transfer offers / hassling

Wondering if anybody else had these kind of issues; I signed a regen a few years ago for £1.5m who has developed extremely well and now, aged 19 has replaced Ashley Cole as England's left back. He is valued at £5m but is not for sale.

However I have received over 15(!) offers for him over the last year from Lyon, and no other club. The offers have ranged from £3m to £6.5m spread over 48 months. Since these have been laughable I have rejected them all and lately tried to negotiate at a silly value to put them off, but to no effect. I am currently getting an offer for him about every fortnight.

- how do you post a screenshot? I will post his profile up if anybody needs to see it...

thanks

Easiest way to post a screenshow? Get an screenshot, I still use the printscreen button (written Prt Scr and is above the insert key generally) and paste that (ctrl v) into paint and save. I normally upload it using imageshack and then click on the image before copying the URL of that image by rightclicking and going to properties and selecting the given URL.

In any case go to "set transfer status" under the "Transfers & Contracts" tab and just set him a very high asking price, that'll scare most clubs off.

If the AI treated me the way I treat them they'd be furious in this regard. I rejected an offer from CSKA for a youngster of mine for £1 mil and asked for £50 mil. I sold him 6 months later for £1 mil. Image the thread that one would have if the AI did that to someone!

Set his asking fee in transfers to a level that at least you might consider ( say 15m) and the offers will stop.

This is the best way to stop getting offers for players, setting a huge price about double what you would consider, for your player put him at 30 Million - of course if a club did offer that your chairman will probably sell him for you ;)

You need to manually go into his transfer screen and set the value I'd say (although if you counter offer it does set that as his asking price). It seems the AI only reacts to his transfer status and pays no attention to your response to its actual bids.

On my current save I had 43 loan offers for a certain rotation player within a two month period, all from two clubs alternating their bids. It was only after I manually changed his status to 'unavailable for loan' that the bids stopped. I could have done this earlier but I was amused by how many of the exact same bid I got.

I'd just say put his transfer fee up to about €100m

I do that all the time. Stops them coming back.

The thing is with €20m it's not out of the question. So they'll try low-ball you again.

I've a few youngsters with their transfer fee set to €150m.

If there's a minimum release clause fee - set it to that. So if it's €40m then go for that.

Perhaps negotiate a new contract with your player too - that might stop the bids, and include a min-fee release clause as large as you can.

Archived