FM12 is it worth it ?

At its core, FM12 is the superior game but there are a few lingering bugs that have kept me from playing it for the past few weeks. I would personally wait for the first major patch.

yep the patch should be out in the next few days

Well, as it has the same ME as FM11 the question is - "are the added extras this year worth the buy"? If you can pick the game up for £13/15 then I would say definitely buy it. The added bits do really make a difference there are some neat touches and changes, much more immersive game if you like that level of depth.

However, as for buying it for 29.99 (Steam Price), I am not convinced. I have said in earlier threads, that this is more akin to an expansion rather than a new game and therefore in my view the full price is not jusitifed (£19.99 would be a good price imo).

In all my time buying this game I have yet to see a cut price edition that bridges the game whilst delevoping a new version e.g. from text to 2d from 2d to 3d. I realise that there is a cost to making the game year on year and that R&D does cost. In fact so successful were they this year re selling units (re steam and piracy) that SI are taking on more staff (in the current economic climate an excellent attitude).

So bottom line is, if you can pick it up cheap do so well worth it, in my opinion.

Try the demo first.

I agree with this. Play it a bit for yourself and see how you like it. I also like to use the demo to get a feel for the game and play around with tactics before I invest time into full-version seasons.

Though, personally, I believe it is worth the upgrade.

Archived