Some Game Centre (er) questions

HI, I am not an achievements or ratings fan, but being a mathematician and stats fan, can't resist looking from time to time.

1) What is the Game Center 'Addictiveness Rating' and roughly how it is calculated

2) How the hell are people getting so many points so quickly, holidaying?

3) What are the Veteran and Loyal manager leader boards? Veteran is empty and loyal has 16 entries.

Also a big thumbs-up to an app that doesn't eat the battery. I fully charged my iPad at work on Friday, I came home, browsed on the train for 30 mins using 3G, got home and downloaded FMH2012 via wi-fi. Watched around 30 mins of Youtube with the kids, then over the course of Friday evening and Saturday, played FMH2011 for around 7 hours, plus then more than 30 mins watching a video. Put the iPad back on charge this morning, it still had 40% remaining. (much less battery usage than when I'm doing other things)

• SI Staff
1) What is the Game Center 'Addictiveness Rating' and roughly how it is calculated

Addictiveness rating is based on the time played in your current game ... so the more you play the higher the score, from a couple of scores in there some people aren't ever turning their games off (I might look into making that score stop 'counting' if you don't interact with the game for 'x' seconds or something to prevent this).

2) How the hell are people getting so many points so quickly, holidaying?

I think some people are just playing a LOT ...

3) What are the Veteran and Loyal manager leader boards? Veteran is empty and loyal has 16 entries.

The Veteran board only triggers for managers who have played for a certain number of seasons in the game, the loyal manager board only triggers for managers who have stayed a few seasons (either 3 or 5, can't remember off hand) at the same club.

I'm going to double check with QA on monday that the 'veteran' board is working correctly as I'd expected a few people to have got onto it by now (not many but 1 or 2).

Also a big thumbs-up to an app that doesn't eat the battery. I fully charged my iPad at work on Friday, I came home, browsed on the train for 30 mins using 3G, got home and downloaded FMH2012 via wi-fi. Watched around 30 mins of Youtube with the kids, then over the course of Friday evening and Saturday, played FMH2011 for around 7 hours, plus then more than 30 mins watching a video. Put the iPad back on charge this morning, it still had 40% remaining. (much less battery usage than when I'm doing other things)

Thanks - I put a lot of effort into ensuring that the battery drain from the game is as minimal as possible, not least because I fly back and forth across the Atlantic sporadically and I'd be gutted if I couldn't play for the entire flight ;)

Thanks for the quick reply :-)

I also travel a lot, not quite trans-atlantic, but from CH->UK (hence the nickname) and back. Next time I'll probably leave the laptop behind and get my fix from the iPad.

Archived