PDA

View Full Version : Question about Home-Grown status

Dreaded Walrus
11-12-2011, 11:48
Sorry if this has been answered before - I haven't been on the boards in ages.

Basically, I manage in England, and have an 18 year-old player I've brought in from abroad. That gives him just enough time to get home grown status. However, he's not quite ready for the first team yet, and a team from Italy has came in with a season-long loan offer for him. If I was to accept that loan, would the time spent on loan still count towards home-grown status (since he's still one of my players), or would it not count (since he's not at the club)? I obviously don't want to let him go on loan for the season if it's going to make him ineligible for home-grown status...

BiggusD
11-12-2011, 12:04
Time spent on loan does not count towards the home-grown status, unless it's a club in the nation you play in. Then it doesn't count towards the home-grown in club status.

Dreaded Walrus
11-12-2011, 12:25
Thanks! Loan cancelled (he'd been on loan for a few days already). This guy's one of my most promising youngsters, so thanks for saving me some heartache a year from now!

pigfacemonkeyman
11-12-2011, 12:54
http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/287382-Homegrown-player-status-issue

also check post #15 for the rules on this.