Seasonal landmark goal bonus - I'm really frustrated

I'm playing a Journeyman save, and currently managing Sheffield Utd(2018/19 season). Got them promoted from the League 1 in my first half a season in charge and had to buy some players during the summer.

I was absolutely thrilled, because I got 2 former Premierleague attackers in free transfer: Chris Eagles(32) and Daniel Sturridge(28). Both good players for a Championship team. Sturridge good enough for a EPL team.

We've been playing above all the expectations (including my own) and we were 4th by the end of the year. Sturridge has been a key player for my team, bagging 14 goals. He got injured in November and we had a 5 match run without a win. He came bag after the new year to score a winner against Watford. And that goal triggered his Goal bonus (which was set to 15 goals). He demanded that bonus, so I had to give it.

AND NOW THE PROBLEM: He hasn't scored since. We haven't won in 8 games now (last win being the 2-1 win over Watford), and biggest reason is the fact that we have only scored 2 goals!!! Sturridge has been plain 90 minutes in all matches and he never hits the target anymore!! We have now slipped to 7th place.

Has this happened to someone else? Player scoring his landmark bonus goal and stopped the scoring there?

This pretty much means that I will be locking the landmark goal option to 25 goals or then I'm not given it to anyone ever again.

Archived