Starting game when no internet

I dont mean to moan but...

lets say for example your net gets cut off.. and you still want to play fm12 ... guess what if you havent put steam into offline mode while net on... you cant play the game...

i use steam for all sorts of gaming / communicating with steam friends etc which requires it to be set online... so when my net got cut off by isp i no longer am able to play.. this to me is not a good solution by si (no offense)..

You can start the game while being offline. I do it all the time. My Steam is not set to offline-mode either.

What should happen is that a pop-up appears in which you are informed that the computer cannot connect to Steam. You're given the choice of retrying (after connecting to the net) or playing in offline mode which works without any issue for me.

The only time you MUST be connected to the net is when installing and unlocking your copy. After that it should work without being offline.

You can start the game while being offline. I do it all the time. My Steam is not set to offline-mode either.

What should happen is that a pop-up appears in which you are informed that the computer cannot connect to Steam. You're given the choice of retrying (after connecting to the net) or playing in offline mode which works without any issue for me.

The only time you MUST be connected to the net is when installing and unlocking your copy. After that it should work without being offline.

This ^^^^

I play offline all the time if my internet decides to stop working.

To have the option of going offline you must have your username & password saved.

Even then though offline mode does not work all the time.

lets say for example your net gets cut off.. and you still want to play fm12 ... guess what if you havent put steam into offline mode while net on... you cant play the game...

Well I'm usually always online with steam (no reason not to), but as it happens we lost internet this morning and it popped up saying it couldn't connect and if I wanted to continue in offline mode. I said yes please, and it worked with no issues. Actually, its still in offline cuz i haven't bothered restarting steam since i got internet back :p

Also, I noticed in a recent update to steam that they had fixed the 'don't keep this game updated' setting in steam, so that should be fixed as well (cuz u cant play when steam is halfway done updating when u go offline)

Archived