How can this man be Real madrids keeper and them be top?

He obviously has 4 good defenders in front of him as well. If you stop your opponents from creating chances, then a keeper with all 1's could still keep clean sheets. The stats for a keeper does not show the full picture.

That could be a number of factors. Your defence may not be that good. You may be conceding from set pieces alot. Your defenders may not have good decision making. The quality of opposition you're playing may be better than what Real Madrid are playing. There are probably more reasons that I have said but that's all I can think of.

my defence can't be too bad as we have won 3 league titles in a row before this, and already this season into our 6th final of Spanish cup in just 7 years. Having won all the previous 5, so its just really thrown me that suddenly this unbeatable madrid side has come out and dominated.

He looks alright, but it does seem odd that Madrid's starting keeper is only valued at 1.9M.

Not only is he valued at the lowly 1.9mil, if you want to buy him, ike i just tried....a nice cool 34million. That doesnt sound right, even allowing for "Why would they sell to a rival club" or "why would they sell a key player" its still 17times his value

He's a key player. A team demanding a fee as high as that suggests that they don't want to sell to you for whatever reason. In Spain don't players have release clauses? Maybe £34m is his release clause?

Yeh 34mil is his release claus, which surly seems a bit low for a "key player" I mean messi is old now and still has a release clause of 194million and he signed a new contract this summer.

They are dominating every match, so it isn't like he needs to be fantastic to keep RM up. Also, their reputation means that most clubs would play really defensively against them and then they won't concede so many goals either.

His goalkeeping attributes are really good.

Release Clauses are dependant on a players wages and his price in FM. If Real wanted him to have a bigger release clause then they would probably to have to give him a big wage hike. Messi's release clause would still be high from when he signed his last contact, wouldn't it? I'd assume that he signed a five year deal when he was 30/31 when he's still a world class player? He'd be 35/36 on your game, so his release clause would still be high. I'm sure his release clause is £194m at the start of the game, so it's highly likely that his wage and clauses have remained similar throughout his career which means his release clause would to.

Release Clauses are dependant on a players wages and his price in FM. If Real wanted him to have a bigger release clause then they would probably to have to give him a big wage hike. Messi's release clause would still be high from when he signed his last contact, wouldn't it? I'd assume that he signed a five year deal when he was 30/31 when he's still a world class player? He'd be 35/36 on your game, so his release clause would still be high. I'm sure his release clause is £194m at the start of the game, so it's highly likely that his wage and clauses have remained similar throughout his career which means his release clause would to.

Nopes messi signed a new deal last summer, I tried to get him but his agent just wouldnt bring his wage down enough to come to me. Barca gave him a couple year extension instead. I was quite surprised he even talked with me after being with them so long, just shows what 3 back to back titles can do.

Decisions for GKs is also a very good attribute.

He obviously has 4 good defenders in front of him as well. If you stop your opponents from creating chances, then a keeper with all 1's could still keep clean sheets. The stats for a keeper does not show the full picture.

Or maybe they use the Barcelona tactic -> as long as the opponents doesn't have the ball they can't score.

Makes no sense, I have had scouts on him, they say my keepers 3,4 stars and he is 2. So how can Madrid be top of league, unbeaten and only conceded 12 in 22?![/QUOT

having a goalkeeper of his ability, isnt going to lose them games and concede loads of goals when they no doubt have a beast of a defensive unit

he isnt too bad anyway. he looks similiar to Szczesny and iv played him from day on my save and im very happy with him

YES! they got beat, unbeaten season over for madrid, time for me to now pull off an amazing season climax and grab that title. Thanks barca for once

EDIT: Maybe not, my team have suddenly the title isnt worth going for and to just give up instead...fun times

both goals would of been stoppable by a better keeper. Just had a deeper luck at Real Madrid, and they have a keeper sat on bench valued at 23million, that makes no sense now.

Maybe they listened to the assman telling him to drop him due to poor form

Archived