Boston United - Confrence North to the Champions League (fingers crossed!)

dagoonerfan

Game : Football Manager 2012 (PC)

Version : Official SI 12.0.4

Database size : Medium

Previous experience : Sunday morning footballer

Leagues Loaded:

Argentina (Premier Divison view only)

Brazil (Divison 3, view only)

Cameroon (Elite 2)

England (Confrence North)

France (National and above, View only)

Germany (Divison 3, View Only)

Holland (view Only)

Ireland (First Division and above)

Scotland (Third Division and above)

Spain (La Liga)

Wales (Corbett Sports Welsh Prem only)

So I've decided to start a game as Boston United, my local team, who play in the Blue Square North, they are predicted 2nd but have a pretty poor team so it should be intresting.

Boston_United_FC_logo.svg

Boston United: History

Boston United Football Club are an association football club based in Boston, Lincolnshire, England. They currently play in the Conference North. The club is known as 'the Pilgrims' in reference to the Pilgrim Fathers, who fled from Boston to the USA and founded Boston, Massachusetts. The club's crest, a ship, is also a reference to them. The club's traditional colours are amber and black. Boston's neighbours include Lincoln City, Scunthorpe United, Grimsby Town, Grantham Town and Kettering Town. The club is one of only 12 in the country to run a Centre of Excellence, provides a Study Support Centre and is also the basis of the 'Boston United Football in the Community Scheme'. (From Wiki)

They have though thanks to Steve Evans fallen on hard times. After relegation from League 2, they were relegated to the Blue Square North, and the next season relegated again due to financial problems. However thanks to the double managment of Rob Scott and Paul Hurst they got back into the Blue Square North, and last season (10/11) got into the play offs and were close to getting into the Blue Square Premier. However Scott and Hurst left for Grimsby, with key players Church and Pearson leaving with Scott and Hurst.

Boston_United_FC_logo.svg

Season 2011/12 : Preview

League expectation: Promotion

Cups: FA Cup: First Round

FA Trophy : Second Round

My Expectations:

LEague : Promotion

FA Cup: First Round

FA Trophy: Learn from it

Transfer Budget: £0

Wage Budget: £3500

My View: League is the priority, but I'd like a good cup round

Looks like you're doing well :thup:. Looking at your transfers, I see you signed Koroma. I've not signed him myself on my save but I've seen from others' saves that he does quite well. How's he playing for you? Scoring many goals?

Archived