Injuries and fouls... why is there no correlation?

Is there some reason the match engine treats fouls and injuries as completely independent events? Because after watching my anchor man hold the ball indecisively (as so many players are wont to do in this sim) while an opposing midfielder calmly walked up to him, broke his leg, and put him out for six months with no foul called, it's breaking the immersion a little bit. I've seen three players injured in tackles and carted off in a single match with no foul called on any of the plays. For a while there, I thought the sim might actually be treating these as mutually exclusive events, but if you watch long enough you will see a foul called or even a card produced when an injury occurs. Once in a blue moon, anyway. Obviously not every injury occurs on a foul, and not every foul that produces an injury will get called by the ref, but this is utterly ridiculous.

It won't matter to fast-simmers, but if you are the type to watch the matches, once you notice this problem, you can't un-notice it.

Archived