Managerial Merry-go-round

Currently at November 2015 and noticed Andre Villas-Boas was managing his third Premier League club, so had a look through the Premier League managers and clubs at the moment, and it made interesting viewing..

Arsenal - Marcelo Biesla

Wenger retierd 6.2014. AVB sacked 5.2015

Aston Villa - Andre Villas-Boas

Alex McLiesh sacked 12.2011. Tony Pulis sacked 11.2012. Stale Solbakken left 2.2014. Sinisa Mihajlovic left 6.2015.

Birmingham City - Alan Pardew

Hughton left 6.14. Zvonimir Soldo sacked 3.15

Blackburn Rovers - Glen Roeder

Steve Kean didn't last long, being sacked by Venky's in 12.2011. Mick McCarthy sacked 10.12. David Moyes left 6.2014.

Chelsea - John Carver (My ex-ass-man who I gave the boot, look at him now!)

AVB was sacked 2.2012, not lasting a season. Strangley, Guus Hiddink his replacement. He lasted until 5.2013 before he was sacked, Sinisa Mihajlovic replaced him - sacked 2.2014. Stale Solbakken replaced him before being sacked 12.14. Aston Villa and Chelsea seem to like sharing!

Everton - Simon Grayson

David Moyes was sacked after his first season, with Martin Jol only lasting a season after him.

Fulham - Stale Solbakken

Martin Jol sacked 5.2012. Andre Villas Boas left 6.2014. Alan Pardew sacked 12.2014.

Ipswich Town - Dan Pet-Rescue (Petrescu)

Paul Jewell sacked 5.2013. John Carver left 12.14 left.

Liverpool - Gareth Southgate

Kenny Daglish sacked 5.2013. Marcelo Biesla left 6.2015.

Manchester City - Jose Mourinho

Roberto Mancini left in 5.2015, who swapped roles with Jose and is now at Real Madrid.

Manchester United - Sinisa Mihajlovic

SAF retired in 5.2013. Guus Hiddink retired 5.2015.

Preston - Steve McClaren

Phil Brown sacked 11.2011, League 1 obviously didn't go well. Gareth Southgate lead them to the Premier League before leaving 6.2015.

Sunderland - Steve Eyre

Steve Bruce sacked 5.2013 (he relegated them this season). Alex McLiesh sacked 11.2014.

Tottenham - David Moyes

Harry Redknapp retired 5.2014.

Watford - Phil Brown

Sean Dyche sacked 4.2012.

West Brom - Rui Vitoria

Roy Hodgson sacked 2.2013.

West Ham - Rudi Garcia

Sam Alladecye sacked 2.2012. Walter Smith retired 5.2014. Chris Hughton 11.2014.

Wigan Athletic - Roberto Martinez (He's still there!!)

Wolves - Apply within

Mick McCarthy left 12.2011. Zvonimir Soldo sacked 12.2012. Avram Grant sacked 11.2015.

Any strange appointments around? Can't help laugh at AVB's fortune..

Besides the sheer insanity of some appointments the thing that grinds my gears the most about this managerial rollercoaster is the fact most managers will just swap club, as if "dumping" their current job to join another club in the middle of the season was the most natural thing in the world...

I've checked and in EPL it has happened more or less ONCE A YEAR in recent times, and a fair share of such swaps took place at the end of the season or, I assmume, under special circumstances.

In Italy I think it has NEVER happened, mainly because most managers don't get actually sacked, they just get garden leave for the rest of the season/contract, thus being legally unable to sign for another club.

And it's probably the same in many other countries as well... (can't remember that happening in Norway either)

But all of that doesn't really matter to FM, where you can see the same manager make the rounds all over the country...

Frankly I'm appalled the managerial turnover is so sloppy and unrealistic, and I'm even more appalled the contracts are little more than a cosmetic addition.. The actual expiry date means nothing, as in 99% of the cases you'll not see it off anyway and you'll jump ship in November or December as soon as a bigger club sack their manager and offer you the job.

Almost 20 years into the CM/FM franchise and the key factor of the game is as crappy as it was in the very first installment!

Currently at November 2015 and noticed Andre Villas-Boas was managing his third Premier League club, so had a look through the Premier League managers and clubs at the moment, and it made interesting viewing..

Arsenal - Marcelo Biesla

Wenger retierd 6.2014. AVB sacked 5.2015

Aston Villa - Andre Villas-Boas

Alex McLiesh sacked 12.2011. Tony Pulis sacked 11.2012. Stale Solbakken left 2.2014. Sinisa Mihajlovic left 6.2015.

Birmingham City - Alan Pardew

Hughton left 6.14. Zvonimir Soldo sacked 3.15

Blackburn Rovers - Glen Roeder

Steve Kean didn't last long, being sacked by Venky's in 12.2011. Mick McCarthy sacked 10.12. David Moyes left 6.2014.

Chelsea - John Carver (My ex-ass-man who I gave the boot, look at him now!)

AVB was sacked 2.2012, not lasting a season. Strangley, Guus Hiddink his replacement. He lasted until 5.2013 before he was sacked, Sinisa Mihajlovic replaced him - sacked 2.2014. Stale Solbakken replaced him before being sacked 12.14. Aston Villa and Chelsea seem to like sharing!

Everton - Simon Grayson

David Moyes was sacked after his first season, with Martin Jol only lasting a season after him.

Fulham - Stale Solbakken

Martin Jol sacked 5.2012. Andre Villas Boas left 6.2014. Alan Pardew sacked 12.2014.

Ipswich Town - Dan Pet-Rescue (Petrescu)

Paul Jewell sacked 5.2013. John Carver left 12.14 left.

Liverpool - Gareth Southgate

Kenny Daglish sacked 5.2013. Marcelo Biesla left 6.2015.

Manchester City - Jose Mourinho

Roberto Mancini left in 5.2015, who swapped roles with Jose and is now at Real Madrid.

Manchester United - Sinisa Mihajlovic

SAF retired in 5.2013. Guus Hiddink retired 5.2015.

Preston - Steve McClaren

Phil Brown sacked 11.2011, League 1 obviously didn't go well. Gareth Southgate lead them to the Premier League before leaving 6.2015.

Sunderland - Steve Eyre

Steve Bruce sacked 5.2013 (he relegated them this season). Alex McLiesh sacked 11.2014.

Tottenham - David Moyes

Harry Redknapp retired 5.2014.

Watford - Phil Brown

Sean Dyche sacked 4.2012.

West Brom - Rui Vitoria

Roy Hodgson sacked 2.2013.

West Ham - Rudi Garcia

Sam Alladecye sacked 2.2012. Walter Smith retired 5.2014. Chris Hughton 11.2014.

Wigan Athletic - Roberto Martinez (He's still there!!)

Wolves - Apply within

Mick McCarthy left 12.2011. Zvonimir Soldo sacked 12.2012. Avram Grant sacked 11.2015.

Any strange appointments around? Can't help laugh at AVB's fortune..

great work tommonufc. as for your question they should fit the following pa/home rep

pa/home rep(>world rep max)

pa100 5500

pa120 6000

pa150 6600

pa160 7500

pa170 8400

pa180 8900

pa190 9400

exceptions

can only exceed with amb+prof around 20+20

or previous int managers,scouts,diroffootball

pa,reputation are for any manager in the game. these are my assumptions checking with fmrte at the start of a new save. i ll check your list in terms of their expected max reputations and the clubs they got to manage, when i ll find the time to do so.

great work tommonufc. as for your question they should fit the following pa/home rep

pa/home rep(>world rep max)

pa100 5500

pa120 6000

pa150 6600

pa160 7500

pa170 8400

pa180 8900

pa190 9400

exceptions

can only exceed with amb+prof around 20+20

or previous int managers,scouts,diroffootball

pa,reputation are for any manager in the game. these are my assumptions checking with fmrte at the start of a new save. i ll check your list in terms of their expected max reputations and the clubs they got to manage, when i ll find the time to do so.

I wasn't necessarily questioning these managers ability or credentials to manage the clubs in question, I thought it might just be an interesting talking point within peoples games. For example, you can see that Abramhovic is very trigger happy if there managers don't meet is expectations; and it's not necessarily out of the question, just perculiar that John Carver, my ex assistant is now managing there.

I wasn't necessarily questioning these managers ability or credentials to manage the clubs in question, I thought it might just be an interesting talking point within peoples games. For example, you can see that Abramhovic is very trigger happy if there managers don't meet is expectations; and it's not necessarily out of the question, just perculiar that John Carver, my ex assistant is now managing there.

i am a fan of Harry Redknapp, glad to know he got along well with Daniel Levy. anyway where was i?oh yes except John Carver, what about Gareth Southgate in Ian Ayre's team? there seem to be an advantage to domestic managers and reputation systems that function for AI managers extensively compared to human managers.

I mean Mark Hughes left fulham, he was up for sunderland job will properley get another job in the premier league because hes a respected premier league manager yet in the current game him and martin o'neill always end up retireing a little far fetched

Archived