...so what happens, exactly, if...

...I start a game with every single league within the game set as "Playable"?

I have a relatively high-end laptop, which essentially means that it's not exactly a supercomputer. Would I simply be stuck watching the game initialize it's database for several hours, whereupon I'd get thrown into a game of FM where pressing space constitutes 10 minutes of waiting? Or would my computer go bonkers, spontaneously combust and launch into space?

...I start a game with every single league within the game set as "Playable"?

I have a relatively high-end laptop, which essentially means that it's not exactly a supercomputer. Would I simply be stuck watching the game initialize it's database for several hours, whereupon I'd get thrown into a game of FM where pressing space constitutes 10 minutes of waiting? Or would my computer go bonkers, spontaneously combust and launch into space?

Why don't you try it and tell us?)

It will be very slow. And the game will eventually crash and won't be loadable after a season or so.

Crash? And this is certain?

And to Exius: Yes, I am tempted to try just to see. I've tried having like 25 leagues and that went fine for 10 seasons before the database crashed (although I think that had something to do with me trying to tinker with things through FMRTE).

EDIT: I'm also seeing now that there's a recommended limit of 75000 players for a game. I take it this is for a reason. I mean, it probably wouldn't be the end of the world but I always hate pouring hours into something only for it to go up in smoke.

EDIT2: Matt, I see you're watching this thread, anything to add? ;)

In Fm11, I had 25 countries loaded and many more leagues (some from the lowest available ie BSN/BSS) . It seems to be running fine, i'm into 2017/2018 season. I have a Mac, 2.26GHz, 4 GB memory - by no means a top end laptop. The setting up took a while but seasons don't take too long (for me anyway) to get through.

In Fm11, I had 25 countries loaded and many more leagues (some from the lowest available ie BSN/BSS) . It seems to be running fine, i'm into 2017/2018 season. I have a Mac, 2.26GHz, 4 GB memory - by no means a top end laptop. The setting up took a while but seasons don't take too long (for me anyway) to get through.

Well, I have a PC with specs laying around those of your Mac.

"You have selected 117 leagues from 51 nations with a large database."

...here goes...

*click*

Eeee

I have not tried myself, but I did remember a thread of someone trying to load all countries and all leagues on his desktop computer. His game crashed exactly after a season and he couldn't reload it.

It was from this forum, so you might be able to search it. It was some time ago tho, and it might be possible for FM12.

It was from this forum, so you might be able to search it. It was some time ago tho, and it might be possible for FM12.

Oh, right, I probably should have mentioned, I'm playing FM 2011.

So far, with 10 minutes progress, it seems to setup the database just fine, although I'm worried it might have gotten stuck at the "Setting Up League and Cup Competitions"-part.

We will see.

I did try and running all leagues and the superbladesman level 11 english league mod on my laptop earlier this year on FM11. Managed to complete 6 years roughly. The first 12-18 months aren't too bad, but there after i does drag a bit. The add-on league did significantly slow it down though.

Running Intel Core 2 Extreme Q9300, 8GB Ram, OCZ Vertex 2 120GB SSD.

I did try and running all leagues and the superbladesman level 11 english league mod on my laptop earlier this year on FM11. Managed to complete 6 years roughly. The first 12-18 months aren't too bad, but there after i does drag a bit. The add-on league did significantly slow it down though.

Running Intel Core 2 Extreme Q9300, 8GB Ram, OCZ Vertex 2 120GB SSD.

Interesting. So how many leagues would that be in total, approximately?

EDIT: Finding manager targets is SLOOOOW

I can't say exactly at present. I have not reinstalled FM11 since I reinstalled windows last month.

But if FM11 has the same number of core leagues as FM12 - 117 leagues + the english level 11 add-on which was a further 5 levels below the blue square north/south or about another 80 leagues?! Then there was about 197 leagues running (although I don't remember it being that many).

Although I'm not sure what FM11/12 considers to be a league. If I remove the blue square north/south league (minus one league to 116 leagues to be run) the game counts it as 1 league although there are actually two. If you catch my drift.

Alright, so, I've actually managed to start a game with every single league incorporated. Starting it up took exactly 40 minutes.

The reason I'm doing this is because I've noticed that when managing in a game with, say, leagues from 5-6 different countries for 10-20seasons, you always end up with these countries being the exclusively dominant force on the international scene (due to creating more regens, thus creating several more quality players. This applies to small nations such as, for instance, Norway, aswell as nations that arealready big, football-wise.)

Additionally, it also causes the cross-national club competitions (I.e. the Champions Cup) to become easier with each season, as the quality of non-playable teams quickly deteriorates, seeing as larger clubs vacuum them for talent, and their talent output isn't very large to begin with.

So, in an attempt to see if the world will be more lucid and consise, I'm applying myself as a jobless manager, applying for work everywhere and trying to make it big. That is, if the universe I'm in doesn't implode first.

-----

So like I said, just putting together the DB took 40 minutes. Processing through is actually surprisingly fast, I'm estimating it takes me about twice as long/three times as long to advance between days. Stuff such as loading player lists takes remarkably longer, though.

Well, just figured I'd update with some facts.

Point 1) Progressing through days is quite slow. Not game-breakingly slow, but still, pretty darn slow.

Point 2) The save itself is around 300 MB. By comparison, the biggest save in the games section is 500 MB, and that's a 17-leagues game with 11 seasons played.

Otherwise, I started as unemployed and applied for every single available club in the world. I got relatively few answers, among them a ton of Indonesian clubs and three Portuguese clubs. So I opted for the most illustrious-looking Portuguese club.

If anyone would be interested in following the progress, I've posted a thread in the career updates section where you can follow my (lack of) progress: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/291021-Around-The-World-C-Mon-s-MegaGame

Archived