Anyone stopped playing until patch release?

Has anyone else stopped playing FM12 until a new patch (12.0.5?) is release?

I was having so much fun. I played as York City for 2 seasons until FC United got promoted to BSN, got them into League 2, made them a Pro club and got a couple of decent signings.

Reason why I stopped playing is because I don't want to continue ruining my beloved FC United save.

I feel like the transfer system is quite broken. Too many players are released on fees. Clubs don't bid for players even when they have MAJOR interest because they feel the players wage demands are too high even when they aren't. Or because they need to reduce wage budgets before bidding, or just because they cant afford him even when I offer him for 0. And that's quite annoying, having to sell a 100-200k player for only 1k (if I'm lucky) just to get rid of him. Even my first team players I cant offload even if they do get 7.00-7.80 ratings after 30-40 games.

I could name a lot more reasons why the transfer system is broken but I'm tired and can't be bothered/remember.

Anyone else feel the same?

PS: FM11 transfer system was pretty much fixed after the 11.0.3 update IIRC. Don't know why 12.0.4 is still so broken (lower league at least)

to the OP, the transfer system has been poor for quite a few releases not just fm12, the last few years the difference between buying & selling a player in cost is a joke, so you are wasting your time waiting for a patch that fixes the transfer system.

For example a 35m rated player in my Liverpool, I cant even sell for 5m :(

I'm just used to it now and play on

I'm not buying the version until SI release a decent game. Hopefully the 5th patch will make me justify parting money for it.

that's a bit childish. FM12 was playable out of the box, so was FM11 & FM10. Just makes it a better game after every patch release

i bought the game but took it back because not one person from SI could bother helping me install from disk

take the game back and get a refund

regarding the transfers, its always been a joke. you can offer a player for £0 and he still wont go. also you have to pay ridiculous prices for players.. ie Hazard is 45m odd, when IRL he'd be what 20/25 maybe slightly more

what annoys me is teams bid for my players at the price that there value is quoted at, however if i want a player worth 5m you usually end up having to pay 20m to get him... 10m player usually 25/30

its a joke, always has been. never gets fixed

Stopped playing about a month ago, actually. Was tired of MLS coaches winding up on the hot seat after two months--and I don't mean one or two at a time. One coach was fired before June...and the season started at the end of March! Five or six others were coaching for their lives, as well...including me, despite the fact that I was coaching an expansion squad and was safely in the playoff hunt at the time.

that's a bit childish. FM12 was playable out of the box, so was FM11 & FM10. Just makes it a better game after every patch release

My username is childish, but nothing of what I said was childish. I am disappointed with paying for a game every year, knowing that I need to wait for a patch due to bugs. This has happened in the versions you mentioned. Don't lie and say that FM11 was enjoyable without the patch.

For that reason, I don't buy this game from release.

My username is childish, but nothing of what I said was childish. I am disappointed with paying for a game every year, knowing that I need to wait for a patch due to bugs. This has happened in the versions you mentioned. Don't lie and say that FM11 was enjoyable without the patch.

FM 12 is definitely enjoyable out of the box.

Are you disappointed with Windows or Mac that they need updates? Or facebook? Or google plus with their updates and patches?

Are you upset that your antivirus needs to be updated constantly? Are you updated that Microsoft Office needs patches every so often?

20 years ago we were waiting for fixes to come out on CD attached to magazines, if there was a patch, unlikely, but you lived and hoped.

Nowadays it's instant download from the internet. don't even have to leave your home.

ALL software needs to be patched - basically that means "updated". Not just FM. ALL. Even your phone, you computer, you sky/upc/chorus/etc. television box.

EVERYTHING gets updated constantly.

IF you don't like the game when it comes out you can CHOOSE not to buy it until the patches are released. You have that CHOICE to not buy it. Nobody twisted your arm.

Next time. Buy the game when the Patch comes out? It's up to you.

Stopped playing about a month ago. Waiting on patch. Only two more weeks 'till christmas so I'm keeping my fingers crossed and I hope to god they fix most of the annoying stuff (Moral, transfer system, ...)

FM has always been a bad game by the release. The patches always made the game the best ever. I'm expecting the same scenario.

Until you buy it, you aren't going to have a clue whether it justifies you paying for it.

Maybe he is listening to people who buy the game and say in here that there is bugs, and yes there is bugs quite a few some that keep coming up year after year.

I agree this fm is much better than previous versions by a mile enjoyable wise, thought there is just some bugs that are so annoying for some people that might be ok for other yet the ones who and I mean fanboys who come on and say "nooooo you can't have an opinion on this game unless it's good" bolloks we pay our money year after year and can voice our opinion if we want.

Also SI hae to patch this game and don't come on and say no they don't have to because that's crap there is more bugs in fm than any other game SI should be giving lots and lots of patches so it fixes the game and not just one here and there :-)

Anyway Fm 12 defo an improvement from last years game and hopefully next year they will come up with something better well they should after all the money they ;-)

Maybe he is listening to people who buy the game and say in here that there is bugs, and yes there is bugs quite a few some that keep coming up year after year.

I agree this fm is much better than previous versions by a mile enjoyable wise, thought there is just some bugs that are so annoying for some people that might be ok for other yet the ones who and I mean fanboys who come on and say "nooooo you can't have an opinion on this game unless it's good" bolloks we pay our money year after year and can voice our opinion if we want.

Also SI hae to patch this game and don't come on and say no they don't have to because that's crap there is more bugs in fm than any other game SI should be giving lots and lots of patches so it fixes the game and not just one here and there :-)

Anyway Fm 12 defo an improvement from last years game and hopefully next year they will come up with something better well they should after all the money they ;-)

I agree in somepoints, SI should be providing more information as to when patches are released as we pay their wages and have giving the creators a good bank balance and all we ask for is some bugs fixed that most people on here are being up Anyway hope it's very soon they bring one out, much better version than fm11 by a mile.

FM12 is great, eveb with the bugs as it isn't exactly game-breaking. Only thing that puts me off is the broken transfer system.

Can SI please confirm if they are working on this (broken transfer system)?

PS: Anyone know when the patch is normally released? I hate that I 'CHOOSE' not to play FM12 because of the transfer system.

every single game you buy has bugs

Me... why?

Gamebreaking issues:

-can't get rid of players (even for 0€)

-each time I'm interested in a player a dozen of teams start bidding on same player.

-players are chosing for other AI teams even if I give much more salary and higher squad status.

-can't get rid of players (even for 0€)

It's difficult to do at the start of the game. Give it 6 months and try again. I usually can sell a lot more players than I buy. But it's difficult in the 1st season.

I find that I don't play that player for 6 months he's easier to sell for some reason.

-each time I'm interested in a player a dozen of teams start bidding on same player.

Have you ever seen the AI bidding for a player you're interested in and then bid for them too?

This works both ways!

Actually that's how it is in real life. If a team bids for a player you will usually have other teams submitting bids.

Sometimes I can't afford a player and I'll see the AI go for them. But I'll put in a huge bid just so the AI bid is rejected. That way the player won't move to a club, and when I have the funds I'll sign them then :D

-players are chosing for other AI teams even if I give much more salary and higher squad status.

That could be due to the relationship of you with their agent, or the player not liking you, or something. Perhaps if the player has a choice to go to a team he favours over yours.

It's not just down to reputation. Players will go to teams they want to, based on their preferences.

I couldn't sign Aguerro for years. Then he went to Arsenal. For some reason Augerro got the hump with me. Perhaps I praised him a bit too often when I was an unknown manager. Even though I was managing Barcelona - he choose Arsenal and I reckon I was a bit too liberal speaking about him in public and he didn't like it.

These things happen. Joey Barton was supposedly going to Arsenal until his bust-up with Gervinho. Couldn't go to Arsenal after that.

every single game you buy has bugs

Not just every game - every piece of software on the planet. There is not one device out there with software, hardware or firmware that has not got a bug in it.

Everything needs to be updated, constantly. That's the way it works.

Has anyone else stopped playing FM12 until a new patch (12.0.5?) is release?

I was having so much fun. I played as York City for 2 seasons until FC United got promoted to BSN, got them into League 2, made them a Pro club and got a couple of decent signings.

Reason why I stopped playing is because I don't want to continue ruining my beloved FC United save.

I feel like the transfer system is quite broken. Too many players are released on fees. Clubs don't bid for players even when they have MAJOR interest because they feel the players wage demands are too high even when they aren't. Or because they need to reduce wage budgets before bidding, or just because they cant afford him even when I offer him for 0. And that's quite annoying, having to sell a 100-200k player for only 1k (if I'm lucky) just to get rid of him. Even my first team players I cant offload even if they do get 7.00-7.80 ratings after 30-40 games.

I could name a lot more reasons why the transfer system is broken but I'm tired and can't be bothered/remember.

Anyone else feel the same?

PS: FM11 transfer system was pretty much fixed after the 11.0.3 update IIRC. Don't know why 12.0.4 is still so broken (lower league at least)

:)Yes,messing about in the editor down to level 10 at the mo,not starting a carreer game yet!

I really wonder what people are expecting with this patch, outwith the moral thing they have not indicated any real major changes, i havent read them saying the transfer system is going to change much, infact there hasnt even been an acknowledgement of a transfer system problem. Anyone who is waiting for the game to go through major changes will be very disappointed.

Best bet is to register anything you reckon is a bug in the Bugs forum.

There's details there to upload games.

If you don't report them as bugs without uploading a game, there's very little point in moaning that something wasn't fixed.

I love seeing that they fixed something I reported.

Without swearing, I think that's a load of absolute garbage.

For me, the 10.3 and 11.3 are absolut epic FM games. It just seems like SI always need to patch up untill the game is finally awesome. Then I jsut play it non-stop.

Like most people there are a couple of issues I have with FM12 but I've been regularly playing and really enjoying this game since release day. I do understand why some people feel the need to wait for patches as I have done so myself in previous years but I think we have a very, very good game this year and i'm just going to keep playing :)

I honestly can't wait to switch on the game when I get home. Even for 20 minutes. I watch the match in 3d - but I have the fastest speed chosen and no replays.

All I'm doing is trying to scout to find the next few gems for my team. I already have 5 or 6 potentially good youngsters. But I want to keep them coming.

I honestly can't wait to play my game. I'm having the FM experience ever with FM12. It's just so good. Despite it's obvious flaws. And the patch will make it better. But I still can't wait right now to get my game going.

I'm even considering buying a more portable computer so I can bring my game to work and play it at lunchtime - and on the bus going to and from!

All I want to do is play it.

Waiting for 12.0.5 is utterly pointless as changes to the final digit indicate pretty minor updates: the first "proper" patch would be 12.1.x.

Not that I can see anything major which need changes. There's nothing like the initial release of FM11 where world class players were being hawked around for peanuts, making it utterly pointless to go out looking for players: you would buy a decent left back for £7.5M then a few weeks later be offered Luis Suarez for £5M.

I want the Offer Contract to put a button to offer them a contract there and then.

contracts%20idea.png

If the game had this it would make me happy.

That's one of the best ideas I've seen for a long time. I'm glad I'm not the only one who sees their coaching staff are coming out of contract and feels physically drained at the thought of having to go through each one individually to offer a contract. I now offer the maximum length of deal to my staff to avoid having to do this!

oh right. I watch the match on fastest speed and no replays. Would not notice anything like that lol.

I win all my games 3 or 4 nil most of the time. Finish leagues with well over 100 goals. That's why I watch the match real fast.

Goal kick, header from midfield that is a perfect through ball to leave the striker one-on-one, happens more at lower leagues or if there's a considerable difference on acceleration between the defenders and strikers.

Happens to me A LOT. It's the same as with corner routines. When you're playing in the league it's annoying, when you're up against the big guns in the CL you're praying to GOD there will be a goal kick to the opposition soon... :D

Archived