David Beckham

I know its been said before, but why hasnt there been a fix for the silly 'bug' that DB cant sign for anyone, yes i've done it with a US team (he gets no say he just moves) but with any other club its impossible, even when he sits there as a free agent for years? I know hes openly said he wont play for another premier league team, but ive tried with United and nothing and many european powerhouses AC Milan and PSG. I'm sure it would take SI what a couple of hours to change and for steam to do an automatic patch, or even tell us how to change it, why can something this simple not be fixed? its things like this that get some consumers (not myself) so vexed so please SI its so simple! Other than ythat im loving the game...

I agree that it should be something that is included in a database update, he might even be back in Europe in the new year but I don not think it warrants a hotfix db patch being released.

There is no way I can be certain as it depends on the SLA between Sega & Valve but with every software house I've worked with in the business sector any data/coding update had a fixed cost attached to it so you would wait until a number of issues could be addressed in a single update to bring down the average cost factor.

Agree that this needs a fix. Also, as I've mentioned before, I think it needs to be addressed that in the last three versions of FM signing David Beckham does not give the merchandising windfall that comes with signing a global superstar. I don't care how old he is, if I sign David Beckham, I should expect to see at the very least an uptick in shirt sales.

Archived