The Haarlem Globe Trotter.

Diesel16

My first thread in here after lurking for a while, all advice and abuse welcome.

The Idea is quite simple; a journey man save on a global scale, but with one self imposed rule I wont be spending anymore than 3 consecutive years at any one club. Will be updating 2/3 times a season one at the end of preseason one midseason(if anything interesting unfolds) and one in the post season. So If you haven't lost interest and left already i present to you the game set up.

The Nations & Leagues.

leagues.jpg

As you can see quite heavy, will see how it pans out but will probably end up trimming a few.

The Manager

Hopefully give the title a bit of context, fictional manager i stumbled across the name on a random generator and couldn't resist :D.

managero.jpg

(Please excuse the middle name, something of an FM tradition for me :o.)

And with that done Adriaan must venture off into the job market.

Career Overview:

Season     Cub      Country     Tier/Division      League pos     Cup(s)     Continental     Notes
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[color="#FF8C00"]2011[/color]     Kelantan   Malaysia   (1st)Super League       5th      N/A/Winner       N/A           

Honours:

Season     Club     Country     Competition
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[color="#FF8C00"]2011[/color]     Kelantan   Malaysia   Malaysian Cup

Joboffer.jpg

So it begins...

Kelantan

Founded: 1946

Nickname: Red Warriors

Media prediction: 1st

KelantanFA.png

Stadium: Sultan Mohammad IV Stadium

Capacity: 30,000 (22,000 seated).

189899_189176141123463_163096277064783_438579_1354626_n.jpg

After knocking back some obscure teams I landed a job at the best team in Malaysia (so the media say), can’t say I’m anything other than delighted with it.

League: Is almost written of already as there's only 26 games, would be very surprised if i can make a challenge and the board seem to agree.

Squad: Nothing of note about the squad really, probably the best in the league but still not worth any bandwidth imo :).

Transfers:

3 open slots for foreign players to fill and no transfer window in Malaysia as well, decided to search for an African coach/scout in the hope of getting some knowledge out that way and found it.

>Camara, 20k on installments and £475 p/w puts him straight in as my top earner but still worth it with those stats.

>Percin, free transfer from Martinique £350p/w, previous knowledge from my last LLM saves sent me to look at the Martinique national team, and found this guy, getting on a bit but I'm sure he can do a job atleast for the rest of the season.

Season Aim: Finish into the top 4.

Kelantan

Post Season

KelantanFA.png

League ¦ Malaysian Cup Pt1 & Pt2

League: Failed to meet my aim coming 5th and missing out by 1 place, but still encouraging for next year. I feel the form since I took over would take us to the title over the course of a full season.

Had totally forgot about the Cups when i had first took over, i knew about the Malaysian FA cup that we had already been eliminated from before my arrival but there is another one that starts after the league has finished called simply the "Malaysian cup" and it seems to be quite a serious tournament spanning about 5 months and I felt it necessary to strengthen after some questionable performances in the league.

Transfers

• Elizondo: 21 year old Uruguayan striker on a free transfer, put him in on crazy wages but need a great striker since I’m playing 433.

• Muhamed: 26 year old Malaysian AMR/ST need to boost the number of Malaysians and paid through the nose for this one, 70k time will tell with him I guess.

As for the cup itself I was drawn in a group with the winners (Selangor) in the league and did pretty well all considering only losing once to them.

• Quarters> Drawn against Kedah (4th place in the league) First leg was away and struggled to get hold of the ball, was 3-0 down at half time and it was looking to get worse but swapped a few things around and screamed at the team who then went on and got us a 3-3 draw out of it although moral took a hit from the dressing down. Away leg was a 0-0 draw with us going on to win 4-3 on penalties.

• Semis>Drawn against Johor FC no problem demolishing them everytime we’ve met this season and this was no different, 3-0 up at half time and cruising in the first leg. 2-1 in the second with quite a few players rested.

• Final>Came up against Selangor the only team to beat me so far in the tournament albeit in the groups, I was edgy going into it but they were poor on the day only getting a few shots on target had my players been more prolific it would have been a much bigger scoreline.

Top performers: Elizondo ¦ Camara ¦ Sivanesan

Overall looking good first bit of silverware and promising outlook for next year, in which we'll hopefully capture the title and the FA Cup and retain the cup.

Career Overview:

Season     Cub      Country     Tier/Division      League pos     Cup(s)     Continental     Notes
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[color="#FF8C00"]2011[/color]     Kelantan   Malaysia   (1st)Super League       5th      N/A&Winner       N/A           

Successful first season, and that was a great cup win. What are the plans for next season?

Thanks.

Inactivity i think lol, probably get in another foreign attacker (as you are allowed 4 in total but only 3 in your matchday squad). But generally not alot needs fixing in the squad and the budgets aren't as generous as last season either so i think maybe one or 2 free transfers will be enough. Also given the size of the database i think i might be able to get an international job pretty soon so will be sending out a few applications :).

In your initial post, you said you don't want to stay more than 3 seasons at a specific club - Im sure you must already be considering where you want to go next. Will you be looking to do an international job alongside a club job or will you choose one exclusively?

In your initial post, you said you don't want to stay more than 3 seasons at a specific club - Im sure you must already be considering where you want to go next. Will you be looking to do an international job alongside a club job or will you choose one exclusively?

Alongside definitely, i can't do international by itself tbh not enough games. As for where i go next it depends on how successful i am in Malaysia, but from reading a few threads on here the MLS looks like it could be fun.

Kelantan

PreSeason

KelantanFA.png

Budget ¦ Expectations ¦ Finances

Expectations are high and so is the wage budget, I'm not quite sure where the club is going financially but if they keep throwing it at me i don't think I'm going to try stop 'em :).

First team:

Firstteam-4.jpg

Looking good upfront and at the back i think, DMC is about the only position I'm struggling with and i don't think the ass man is right with that rating, but still a solid team.

Transfers:

Made quite a big mess allowing my ass man to take care of contracts; saw one of the stars of last season (Sivanesan) leave on a free, Brought in a few utility players on free transfers and bought my 4th foreigner an Australian called Wallace not in the same league as the others but a good solid center mid. Other than that some dead wood left, surprised i got any money for them but i did.

Picks:

Summary:

Not much more to say i think, looking promising this year as I've only gotten stronger i feel. Will be relying heavily on my foreign players again but i get the feeling they will be attracting some unwanted attention if they keep their performances up.

Archived