Offering new contracts, not hearing anything back

Hey guys, just got FM 12 start of the week, first time ive played FM in a few years. Loving it so far. Started a season with my fav team Inverness Caley Thistle. Only problem I have come across is that I have quite a few players out of contract at the end of the first season. I click to offer them a new contract and I am then told by their agent I will hear back from them soon. But problem is I never hear back from them, I get no mail whatsoever, a month passes and then Im able to offer them a contract again and I go through the same cycle again and never hear back. Am i doing something wrong, I was under the impression I would get ingame mail with wether they liked the contract or not. Hope you guys can help.

Ally

Ive now tried a season with Inverness and still the same problem. I have also started a new season with Newcastle, tried to negotiate a new contract with a few players, their agent says they will get back to me, and the next day i check and its reset again and i go though the same thing again. Its like the renewing contract is not registering at all.

yeah Im definitely finishing them, the agent says he will get back to me. Ive even tried clicking on finalise deal but ofc it comes back with with agent saying he'd rather speak to his client and he will get back to me. I have done the veryfying game cache and no luck. Gonna resinstall the game but not with disc this time but a download through steam. I will post again to update.

Have to update this post, I thought it was sorted but there is definitely not working properly. I have started a season with Inverness Caley Thistle and have atleast half my squad out of contract at the end of the season. Im trying to renew contracts. Please tell me if im doing this right. I offer them a contract, agent says he will get back to me, i leave the page and continue and i never hear anything back in my mail with regards to this player.If i go back to the player and offer same contract, same cycle, never hear anything back. If I however, click "walk away" or "finalise deal" the agent says i will hear back later , 9 times out of 10 i never hear anything back and when i click on the player later i find out talks broke down and doesnt want to speak to me, how did talks break down? i never received an email or anything about a different offer. Only once I received an email that a player has signed a new contract. Im pretty much buggered as half my squad are out of contract in a few months and I cant even speak to them. Please help what am i doing wrong or is this a bug?

After reaching agreement about the wages you HAVE TO click finalise deal and then exit talks (IIRC) otherwise it is like you walked away and never really offered the deal you negotiated. Are you doing this or are you just leaving the page after reaching an agreement about the wages?

Archived