why isnt balotelli in fm 2012 on iphone ??

• SI Staff

I'm not sure where you're looking or what leagues you have active - but he's present and correct in my current game, doing quite well for city actually with 26 games and a 7.11 average rating although he hasnt scored many (2) and has 6 assists to his name .... he appears to have a little bit of a disciplinary problem also .....

Can you please indicate the leagues you have loaded (and which is the primary league) and we can check if any permutations don't contain him.

the first time i played i picked man city and he wasnt in any part of the squad.

first team or reserves.

i reloaded my game and started with real madrid so spain is the primary league with england germany and italy being the other 3 leagues i selected.

and i still cant find him with player search and hes not in man citys squad either.

hahaha yea ill dicispline is balotellis middle name but hes my fav player, just dnt know why i cant find him anywhere.

• SI Staff

I've checked and you are correct he's not present if England are a secondary league, however I can confirm he is there if you choose them as a main division.

I'll see what we can do to change this in an update (won't be the first one however as thats about to go into submission in the next few days all being well) .... sorry for any inconvenience, however its part and parcel of trying to squeeze so much into a mobile device I'm afraid.

Simply put there are a finite number of players which we can model so when multiple leagues are active we allocate most to the main league (clubs keep full squads) and for the secondary leagues we try and retain their most important players, Balotelli must have been on the cusp of retention but because there are a lot of loaned players in the Man City squad (which can seriously fubar the retention as they can be considered 'vital' for the clubs they're on loan to) he wasn't retained.

I will however of course see if we can improve this retention in an update so that you can play as Man City with him present while running England as a secondary league.

really but when i picked city as my team he still wasnt there, or do mean if i was to pick arsenal or something then he would be there ?

kinda dissapointed as every other team and players seem fine and its just the one player i wanted missing.

no problems, im sure u will get round to it.

besides this one thing, u guys have done a great job on the game

• SI Staff
really but when i picked city as my team he still wasnt there' date=' or do mean if i was to pick arsenal or something then he would be there ?

kinda dissapointed as every other team and players seem fine and its just the one player i wanted missing.

no problems, im sure u will get round to it.

besides this one thing, u guys have done a great job on the game[/quote']

Basically when you start a new game, if you want him present make sure you select England as the 'Primary' (first nation you select) - that will bias the player loading towards retaining all squads from that country and ensure he's present in the team.

Basically when you start a new game, if you want him present make sure you select England as the 'Primary' (first nation you select) - that will bias the player loading towards retaining all squads from that country and ensure he's present in the team.

ahh ok well ill just wait for update to put him back in there as i done quite well in my frist season with madrid lol la liga and spanish cup wins so dnt wanna start over.

is it possible for a rough time frame of when u reckon u will get round to it ?

• SI Staff
Aswell as balloteli for man city, sunderland are missing keiron westwood and ryan noble from our squad..are they in the database?..or they actually not in the game?

ive used england as my main start up league

Westwood and Noble currently aren't loaded, we'll try and get them in for a future update if we can do it without exceeding the maximum squad size. Is there anyone you think could be removed in order to accommodate these players? Bear in mind we can't remove anyone who is out on loan.

Westwood and Noble currently aren't loaded, we'll try and get them in for a future update if we can do it without exceeding the maximum squad size. Is there anyone you think could be removed in order to accommodate these players? Bear in mind we can't remove anyone who is out on loan.

Well from playing the game and watching how our youngsters do in real life and such my bets to take out would be: tounkara and at a big push liam noble..

If you do put Ryan noble in, could he be a big player for the future, as thats how he is at the current moment :D

EDIT: forget liam noble hes on loan , i cant say anyone else as there all in and around the first team =/..id have to wait untill jan to see if theres any changes

Hopefully you can get both in though :D

• SI Staff
Regarding the squad size will it ever be possible to implement the Premier League squad rules (25 - plus as many "homegrown under 21s as you want) in the future ?

It may be possible but I can't say whether it's something we'd necessarily want to implement or not, you'd have to ask Marc.

• SI Staff
Does this exist in the PC version then ?

Yep, it is in the PC game, along with a lot of other stuff that we don't have on iPhone. As the idea of the handheld game is very different (much faster, pick-up-and-play), we might not want to include every feature from the PC game, particularly those that would cause consume a lot of time in fiddling with stuff or irritate the more causal gamer. New features aren't something I deal with though, so as I said it's a question only Marc can really answer.

• SI Staff
Regarding the squad size will it ever be possible to implement the Premier League squad rules (25 - plus as many "homegrown under 21s as you want) in the future ?

It'd be possible to - however it'd slow the gameplay down (and be incredibly fiddly on a handheld UI) and I'm not personally convinced its something I'd want to do in FMH ... FM PC has all the heavy rules if you really want them then I'd recommend you take a look at that product.

FMH is supposed to be quick, easy and accessible, not a bloat filled slog like its PC companion. I vote no to the league and european squad selections as well. all it would add to the game is 5 minutes of wasted time. if you want "realism" go spend a "real" weekend progressing two "virtual" weeks in the PC game and leave handheld well enough alone!

(thats said, Balotelli should be playable even as a second league, he is a worldclass striker, no real excuse for that imo)

Archived