Anyone know how Manager of The Year and Goal of the Season are picked?

Manager of The Year....

Me,,,, Delighted obviously but I finished 5th in the Premier League!!! Yep ok I could understand it if it's just a vote on maybe overachieving but it's points related so I was wondering if anyone knows how a Manager who finishes 5th gets more points than the Manager who wins the thing? I didn't fare too well in the Cups either.

Goal of the Season....

Don't usually look at these but my Centre Back Craig Dawson won it with a quality volley which wasn't bad especially for a centre half but 2nd and 3rd were Torres and another player whose name escapes me who just dribbled round a couple of players and netted pretty much like 100 other goals you see. Again just wondering how the game picks these?

Think the Manager of the Year award could be heavily determined on the media-prediction that is set out at the start of each season. I never seem to pay too much attention to it, nor the manager of the months, manager of the years to be honest so couldn't really cast too much light on it.

I mean if Swansea finish 5th in the league in the opening year, and thier media prediction is 17th, Bredan Rodgers would be more highly regarded than say Mancini guiding Man City to the league title when their media pedicition is 3rd.

If anyone knows any different please correct me if I'm wrong, but pretty sure this is how it's done.

Yeah, I think you're spot on tommonufc. I must confess that the goal of the month/season has always produced some strange results in my opinion. Then again, I use the 2D pitch, so what may look a standard goal may in fact be the full use of a players ability, but the representation of that might appear to be just a fairly standard goal.

Think the Manager of the Year award could be heavily determined on the media-prediction that is set out at the start of each season. I never seem to pay too much attention to it, nor the manager of the months, manager of the years to be honest so couldn't really cast too much light on it.

I mean if Swansea finish 5th in the league in the opening year, and thier media prediction is 17th, Bredan Rodgers would be more highly regarded than say Mancini guiding Man City to the league title when their media pedicition is 3rd.

If anyone knows any different please correct me if I'm wrong, but pretty sure this is how it's done.

There must be something else.

When I finished 2nd in Holland Div 2 after predicted 18th I finished third in Manager of the year.

When I won the division, predicted 10th, I won Manager of the Year.

It's probably to do with reputation, possible the biggest rep increase of the year for manager, or club, or both.

the way the goals are picked are mostly random. the game recognizes at least if it is a bit special, i.e. a long shot, or a long dribbling, but cant distinguish the quality between them. so its mostly random, because the program cannot "think" or "see the goals" of course ;) i think a good indicator for this is the text mode. the more excited the reporter is about the goal, the more likely it is to be in contention.

the way the goals are picked are mostly random. the game recognizes at least if it is a bit special, i.e. a long shot, or a long dribbling, but cant distinguish the quality between them. so its mostly random, because the program cannot "think" or "see the goals" of course ;) i think a good indicator for this is the text mode. the more excited the reporter is about the goal, the more likely it is to be in contention.
That's what I think, too. I usually end up with three goals where a player makes a long run before scoring a long-range curled goal.

Archived