6 Years building a team, time to be legends ? Nope game ruined

Finally after 6 long years of building a young talented team with a backbone of British players my Rangers team reach the Champions League final. Th opponents are Barca, we might be the underdogs but having put out Real madrid, Arsenal and Man City along the way surely we have a chance ?

No we don't because half my 1st team have been called up for the 4 associations tournament which has 2 fixtures on the same day..... game ruined, game quit and very bitter taste in my mouth.

How hard can it be to avoid this kind of thing SI ?

Not quite to the same extend of this, comiserations by the way; but Gareth Bale was unavailable for my 2015/16 Champions League Final due to him deciding to play for Wales instead. Didn't have that much of an adverse affect on my side as yours would have but still not good enough. Didn't even see an option for him to be removed from the squad (International Instructions? 45mins only ect.)

Will be interested to hear if any light can be shed on this.

I'm cautious over buying African's, because they bugger off to African Cup of Nations every other year, got my eye on Aaron Ramsey at the moment, but if he can't play when I want him to in games that I may need him I won't be buying him as a matter of priniciple.

I too am now cautious over Africans. The Touré brothers both buggered off early in season 1. Not so much a problem now that Kolo is unwanted and Yaya fights with Barry for CM, but if some good regens from the Dark Continent appear....

Kolo Toure recently was alleged as saying that he was descriminated against by Man City because he wants to play for Ivory Coast. But yeah, I don't like it one bit!

Don't mean to detract against the opening post and topic of thread, but being a Newcastle fan they will take a big hit come January losing Tiote, Ba and even Ameobi if he's picked for Nigeria; so I guess I hold a subconcious prejudice against African's and signing them. If I'm paying thier wages to play for me during the course of a season I want them to play. Saw a thread about this on General Discussion not so long ago, about a fella asking if this made him racist :lol:

The Home Nations should probably be programmed as a 'friendly tournament' in some way. There's no way that players would be called up to play in this in lieu of playing in a Champions' League final. An oversight by SI perhaps...but fixable.

Sorry that it ruined your game though, mate. If I ever get there with Aberdeen I'll probably break down and cry.

The Home Nations should probably be programmed as a 'friendly tournament' in some way. There's no way that players would be called up to play in this in lieu of playing in a Champions' League final. An oversight by SI perhaps...but fixable.

Sorry that it ruined your game though, mate. If I ever get there with Aberdeen I'll probably break down and cry.

Thats a good point. How is it officially recognised in real life?

Thats a good point. How is it officially recognised in real life?

It's a series of friendlies, isn't it? Sure, one team is crowned winner at the end but it must be like the Kirin Cup that Japan host...players probably need permission to leave their club side before they play...which is why Scotland last time round didn't exactly play their strongest team (not sure if this was true of the other sides).

i'm currently on the third year of my rangers save and won UEFA cup first season (series of miricle draws, then miricle wins in Porto and in the final) then got to last 16 of CL rthe issue i have, we're 16th best league in world, with a team thats done tht. Now i dont mind that, but i cant sign anyone from a league better than the championship. Even most of the SPL players decline me.

Anyways nice achievement mate. lotas of flaws and this is clearly one of them

Don't think the Home Nations Tournament is treated as a friendly as such players can't be withdrawn/set to 45 mins only. That's the issue here I believe.

And even if he did that, he would probably then end up with a hand full of players who now have terrible morale and hate him. I doubt the champions league final would go his way with a squad in that state.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok so finally put my toys back in the pram and loaded the game up, couldn't face watching the final so just took a days holiday......and my team of youth and squad players beat Barca 3-0.

I like to think the game has a sense of justice

Archived