Left or right?

I know I might be stating the obvious, but when you have the choice to choose players to take a thrown in, and you choose right, does that mean from the right side of the pitch? So if you choose a left back to to take a thrown in from the right, will the AI know there is a gap in where the left back should be?

Corner kicks: Should right corners be taken by right footed players or left. And visa versa?

Freekicks: Should right footed kickers like Beckham take the right sided freekicks, and left sided players like Bale take the left sided freekicks. Or is visa versa?

Thanks.

It's up to you really, there is no right or wrong. Some people would say having in swinging corners and free kicks are better as the ball is going towards the goal which helps give the attacking players momentum if they had the ball or shoot. It also means it's easier for the keeper to get the ball though.

But what about the throw ins: when you have the choice to choose players to take a thrown in, and you choose right, does that mean from the right side of the pitch? So if you choose a left back to to take a thrown in from the right, will the AI know there is a gap in where the left back should be?

But what about the throw ins: when you have the choice to choose players to take a thrown in, and you choose right, does that mean from the right side of the pitch? So if you choose a left back to to take a thrown in from the right, will the AI know there is a gap in where the left back should be?

It means the right side of the pitch, yes.

The AI won't necessarily "know", but it will find out.

So right sided players take the right sided throw ins, and left sided players take the left?

I'm just checking because I had an argument with someone at work who said opposite of what I've just said. He was adamant that much that it got me thinking, even though I should know better.

When it comes to throw ins - use your right sided players to take the right sided ones and the left sided players for the left side. If you use left to take right then you are leaving your left position suseptable to a breakaway if you lose posession quickly, Also your fitness levels will suffer as the left sided player has to run to the right to take the throw in and then run back to the left to get back into position.

My personal opinion on free kicks and corners is left footers to take right sided corners and vice versa. To be honest though I do not think it will matter too much if you have a good free kick and corner taker anyway. You will probably find an even split on managers doing it either way.

Archived