Goodbye world class winger.

So my winger, who scored 21 goals in 31 games last season just broke his foot and was out for 5 months. His stats have been dropping non stop and now his back in training but the only thing for me to do now is replace him. Get the 15,5m I can get for him, while his price still remains so high. And find someone to replace him. This is my third player since I started this game that I cant use anymore because of this. I'm getting tired of it.

We always see this happen in RL dont we?

Fix this SI.

3581gyg.jpg

Matt Le Tissier was world class and he barely played for England.

It's debatable whether he was world class. But the fact you can call an example to mind suggests it's a rarity. Most genuinely world class players have won a lot of caps by 27 unless they emerged very late.

With that price-tag I would assume that his reputation is worldwide, making him a world-class player by definition. Most of that could be because he has dominated the world with Hull for half a decade, though - which I assume he did. In that case most his players would be at least Continental class by default.

As for the player, even with +1 in everything because of the injury, he isn't that impressive as aside from the obvious extremes of speed and technique all the other attributes are 10-14 ish. Speed and technique + Determination is all you need, though, so losing him is probably a big loss.

I agree that some injuries hit very hard in FM12. Some players have their careers ruined by injury in RL, but that is typically not just one long injury. Such career enders are in my experience a series of setbacks causing the player to never truly recover.

I lost a defender to an injury which caused him to lose CA and since he was 29 he never recovered it. A friend had Cavani injured for 5 months but he recovered quickly.

Sold him for 23,5m.

At that age his stats most likely wont ever fully recover, so I can just buy a replacement for that money. Still very pissed off.

And as for him not having many caps, its because the AI teams never used him as a first team player, I did for one season and he was amazing and earned 11 caps after joining my club, he had 1 cap before he joined. I will bet my house on it that his next move, hes in talks with R.Madrid now, he wont even be considered for the bench. It's just how the AI works.

16hq4m.jpg

Matt Le Tissier was world class and he barely played for England.

This mad me chuckle :lol: Granted he was a good player, but his underlying lazziness detracted from his talent. 'Scorer of great goals, not a great goal scorer.' Sorry about that cliche!

It does happen. A player with an bad injury doesnt always come back to his very best football.

- Michael Owen was never the same player after he had a couple of hamstring problems.

- Robbie Fowler didn't get anywhere near to being as good as he was before he tore his cruciate ligament.

- Fernando Torres hasnt been the same player since his injury problems before the last World Cup.

Mmm, there seems to be a common theme here... (Suarez wants to be wrapped in cotton wool!)

As fustrating as it is when it happens to you, it is something that has been missing from FM. Players very rarely (I dont think ive ever seen it before FM12) got an injury that crippled their attributes.

Archived