"Tendency To Punch" or "Punching"

Sometimes the attribute for goalkeepers is called "Tendency to Punch" and sometimes it is "Punching". This is a big difference because I don't want my keeper to punch balls (so I would like a low attribute) but if he has to punch a ball, I want him to be good at it (in that case, I would like the attribute to be high, obviously). So what does the attribute really mean?

The manual makes it pretty clear (for a change)

Tendency to Punch

This determines whether a goalkeeper will catch the ball when he can, or punch it clear. A higher rating reflects a tendency to punch most things clear even when it may be possible to hold onto the ball.

Ties in strongly with Aeriel Ability.

http://www.footballmanager.com/webmanual/fm2012/11.2.

Maybe, I didn't make myself clear.

We are talking about the same goalkeeper attribute which is referred to with two different names in the game, one being "tendency to punch" (e.g. used in the player profile) and one "punching" (e.g. used on the player search screen). I just wanted to know, what the attribute really does, e.g. does it influence the quality or quantity of punched balls. You can't train the attribute, so this may hint to the fact that the attribute reflects the tendency rather than the skill to punch.

EDIT: Cheers, pigfacemonkeyman!

punching is one if greatest attributs a golaie can have. it is the safest way of clearing ball out of sticky 6 yard box situation
Wouldn't you prefer the keeper to catch the ball and deliver it controlled to a teammate rather than punching it somewhere across the pitch? So I still see "tendency to punch" as a rather negative attribute. Maybe it can be positive if the keeper's handling attribute is low, so instead of giving short-range rebounds, the keeper at least clears the ball out of the box?

Archived