What the hell is this?

58o6u.jpg

1zlbybb.jpg

I don't know what's worse, Marseille's first bid (€3.8M), or the chairman accepting that offer.

Benfica bought him for €8.5M this season by the way.

And if you're asking, there are no aditional fees:

6jpxfq.jpg

--

How many times per year should we bring this up.

Still .. it isn't as funny as buying Fernando (Porto) for less than €4M.

Why does this keep happening?

--

FM ? --> Something stupid happens with the portuguese teams.

FM ? after 3 patches --> Everything's fine.

Next version:

FM ? --> The same stupid stuff happens with the portuguese teams.

FM ? after 3 patches --> Everything's fine.

.. and so on ..

Benfica's chairman buys Gaitan for €8.5M

The game sets his value to €3.8M

Gaitán has a very good season, lots of goals, lots of assists.

Marseille makes an offer of .. €3.8M ..

I negociate to €25M.

They offer me €8.75M and the chairman accepts.

YES, PROFIT!

Your chairman has a high "Interference" stat I would imagine. It's a hidden stat so you'd need an editor or scouting tool to confirm, but I'm pretty sure that's the cause.

But yes, in the circumstances you've shown it does seem a bit ridiculous.

Your chairman has a high "Interference" stat I would imagine. It's a hidden stat so you'd need an editor or scouting tool to confirm, but I'm pretty sure that's the cause.

But yes, in the circumstances you've shown it does seem a bit ridiculous.

Even if he does have a high interference stat it's still ridiculous,benfica sold David Luiz,Di Maria,Coentrão etc for 20+ mil ,and i doubt Gaitán will leave for any less,specially if he had a season like that.

I was taken over in FM2010 and the chairman interfered on many occassions over a 10 year period.

I was playing as Brentofrd and any bid coming in at around £1M woulf be accepted by the chairman. This persisted over a 10 year period until I stopped playing the game. I asumed it may have had a lot to do with the low reputation of the club, these players were worth much more!

The only way I found around it was to offer the said player a new, improved contract to hopefully discourage them from leaving. This only worked sometimes and caused my wage bill to increase to annoying levels. Obviously there wasnt agent fees etc back then so this may be more difficult now.

To me it feels like this years game takes reputation (of nation, club and player) waaaay too much into account. IRL, a player is a player is a player, and if he is extremely good, teams will recognize this even if he is in a smallish club. In FM, this is not really the case, as a quality player with several immense seasons behind him still can have a ridiculously low value. The increase in value is simply too slow, and there for it's hard to get decent money for a player. It can be done, but you need to manage to keep them at the club and have them perform on the same high level for many years for the value to catch up with the value of similar players in more reputable leagues/teams.

To me it feels like this years game takes reputation (of nation, club and player) waaaay too much into account. IRL, a player is a player is a player, and if he is extremely good, teams will recognize this even if he is in a smallish club. In FM, this is not really the case, as a quality player with several immense seasons behind him still can have a ridiculously low value. The increase in value is simply too slow, and there for it's hard to get decent money for a player. It can be done, but you need to manage to keep them at the club and have them perform on the same high level for many years for the value to catch up with the value of similar players in more reputable leagues/teams.

Yes I hope that SI finds other balancing tools than Reputation in the future.

Did you set an asking price for Gaitan? If his value was 8.5m you should set his asking price to 60m. The game then adds the 8.5m and divides by two to set the actual asking price that is suggested in the media (34m in this case), and then any interested club would probably bid something in the region of 20-25 for him. I do this for all the players being wanted by a club that could possibly make a bid. They are usually left alone, then, since the AI (in my experience) in a vast majority of cases simply refuses to bid more than 150% of base value for anyone.

This issue has been in FM for many years for the Portuguese league. And I suspect that for others too.

The problem is that the game associates the value of a player to the reputation of him, his club or the league.

Ideally the value should be associated to his stats (goals, assists, etc.), to key attributes (like determination and professionalism), to his age, to his potencial, etc.

With that kind of system there are players that are crap in the league that are valued at 2-3M and the league stars only 3-4M, thats insane.

This game tries to simulate real football, but when we see things like this we just remember that its just a game not a simulation.

There's many cases in FM where a player from the Portuguese league is sold to another club in Spain or England and 4 years later without playing any 1st team game they are sold for 2 or 3 times the value that they bought him.

As for the small bid accepted by the president I usually do like BiggusD said. Just ask for a crazy amount of money, so many teams dont bid at all and he will almost never accept the small bids.

Archived