Which is better? (about tactics)

so i started a new game unemployed and ended in 2022

i played more then 1000 games been with 10 teams all over europe and sadly my only big achievement is a qualification with australia to the 2022 world cup and a conference south or north win with nuneaton (won the league but don't remember which sorry)

i always used the same tactics and stick with them 2-3 seasons in a row then changed it accordingly (if i moved to another club or managed to get promotion)

but now i want a new challenge so i started a new game as unemployed (802 patch) and i wonder...

would it work to change my tactics before every game like real life managers do ex: i am a semi pro team and hoping to avoid relegation so i play every game according to my chances playing with 4 defenders and 2 dm against league leaders next game i choose to play with more strikers because i have home ground advantaged and my opponent is weaker , next game i chose my tactics according to counter the opponents strongest players etc

or should i stick to a good tactic that i came up with as usually i do

i ask this because i'm afraid that players won't react well for these tactical changes between games

whats your opinion?

so i started a new game unemployed and ended in 2022

i played more then 1000 games been with 10 teams all over europe and sadly my only big achievement is a qualification with australia to the 2022 world cup and a conference south or north win with nuneaton (won the league but don't remember which sorry)

i always used the same tactics and stick with them 2-3 seasons in a row then changed it accordingly (if i moved to another club or managed to get promotion)

but now i want a new challenge so i started a new game as unemployed (802 patch) and i wonder...

would it work to change my tactics before every game like real life managers do ex: i am a semi pro team and hoping to avoid relegation so i play every game according to my chances playing with 4 defenders and 2 dm against league leaders next game i choose to play with more strikers because i have home ground advantaged and my opponent is weaker , next game i chose my tactics according to counter the opponents strongest players etc

or should i stick to a good tactic that i came up with as usually i do

i ask this because i'm afraid that players won't react well for these tactical changes between games

whats your opinion?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by PoopyPants:

I stick with the same tactics, but that's cos I cba changing it icon_rolleyes.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thats much the same as me. I have a home and away tactic, but they are the same formation, just a different mentality and the like.

well, in other games I haven't changed. I did have initial success in my initial save with changing instructions, although not basic formation. however the file got screwed and it hasn't worked since, home and away record differences became stupid, to the point that I played the same team consecutively, first away in the cup, which was a narrow defeat, then hammering them at home in the league. In my most recent game it went badly whatever I did but the one time I did have a good run was when I stuck with what would be my normal tactics, which I've used since FM 06 rather then the slightly modified home and defensive away variations, and thats settled it for me.

Archived