Champions League Qualification

Perhaps, if they both go in, Chelsea wouldn't get country protection for the Group Stage? That's what happened to Liverpool when they won it without finishing in the qualification places, but that was the year that kicked off the debate about the rules.

lol, looks like I am on for 4th place 6 points ahead of 5th with two games left. So unless Liverpool win two and I lose two and they over turn a 23 goal difference I will get 4th and Chelsea 6th.

did u qualify then?

Perhaps, if they both go in, Chelsea wouldn't get country protection for the Group Stage? That's what happened to Liverpool when they won it without finishing in the qualification places, but that was the year that kicked off the debate about the rules.
They changed the rules after Liverpool won it and didn't qualify.

In that year the top 4 qualified and they found a way to get Liverpool in there, but after that fiasco they changed the rules so that if the winners don't have a top 4 place, they will take the place of the team finishing 4th, so that ensures that only 4 teams will get through. Would be gutting to lose out on the Champions League like that.

That's the rules in real life anyway, not sure how it's implemented in FM as the situation has never occurred with me.

Yeah for some reason Arsenal lost their last two games and we got 3rd place.

What was strange is at the end of the league once all 38 games were played Arsenal had the Europa League symbol next to their name until after the Champions League final. Not sure if this is anything to go by but I think if Chelsea had of not lost the Champions League they may well have replaced the 4th place team, who would have dropped to the Europa League.

Archived