Highest possession % in 90 mins & highest No passes in 90 mins...

Been tweaking, tinkering and generally stressing for a long time on a Barca-replica type tactic.

Here's two shots of my highest...got to be in with a chance of being a record of some sort?

719 passes made, 694 completed

Xavi = 150 made, 147 completed

87% possession at final whistle

Barca had 63% possession against 9% in the midfield area...

barca1.png

barca2f.png

yea great.. pass the ball abount for 90 minutes.. only 20 shots?

An average of 36 passes per strike on goal. Yawnfest! :p

Looks like Carles, Xavi and Eric had themselves a little game of to me, to you - while David Villa read the latest issue of OK! magazine.

The point is to demonstrate high numbers in the game, nothing more...

I have other screen shots of matches where there was still over 80% possession and a lot more of an even spread across the field in terms of play.

And my playmaker hit nearly 130 passes....

But like I said, this is only to demonstrate how HIGH people have got passes and %'s - no need for the 'yawnfest' comment really.

yea great.. pass the ball abount for 90 minutes.. only 20 shots?

Again, you miss the point but in direct reply to your comment, I set the team up like that, ie no long range shots (I mean 35 yarders that a frequent)...it's all about crafting out chances. So 20 shots is pretty decent, especially as the opposition typically play with a GK and 10 defenders...

Two clear cut chances for 87 percent possession, I would want more than that personally. How many clear cut chances in the Granada match?

Have you thought of posting in the tactics forum. I am sure there would be some interest in a tactic that creates this much passing and possession. Does Xavi and Iniesta operate more to the left of the pitch? Seems that is where most of your passing are being done.

Rayo game there was 4 CCC's not 2.

Granada game there was 5 CCC's.

It's something I keep working on, improving CCC's and other bits. I don't understand why there was such a lot of play on the left side of that Rayo game, yes, Xavi is more that side, and Iniesta, but I play 'through the middle' and have Valdes to play the ball to Alves? ME does it's own thing sometimes though!

Very, very impressive. I personaly am facinated how anyone can reach 100+ passes, it's become my Everest. I've since given up on it at the moment on my present save, but I'll no doubt try again.

Any insight in what you have done would be great.

Set up is

GK

DR DC DC DL

--- DM -------

------- CM----

--AM-AM-AM--

----ST---------

Everything is set up to go via Xavi. Short free kicks, which he takes all, same with corners, for throw ins he's set to 'come short' both sides.

He basically sits in the middle hitting short passes to anyone that's free.

The forwards aren't given too much of an attacking mentality, basically so they will pass BACK, this is important I've found.

Team set up is short passing (1), slow tempo (1) narrow (3).

I'm going to upload the tactic on the tactics forum tomorrow I hope (still tinkering with it).

It'll be in the Barcelona tactic thread.

Cheers

My last save crashed on me so I've had to start all over...

So, start of season 1 again with Barca, beat RM 4-1 agg (3-1 at theirs, 1-0 at Nou Camp) stats were ok but as with any tactic, the team has to mould itself to it to work properly.

Just beat Porto in Supercup final, here's more screenies.

barca01.png

barca02.png

barca03.png

As in real life, possession is great but getting that possession converted to goals is another thing altogether...

Just totally dominated Villarreal but 0 CCC's and only 1 goal despite 70% possession and Xavi over 100 passes again...frustrating!

barca04.png

Have you tinkered with upping the tempo? Because with a slow tempo all you are doing is giving the opposition the time to get organised behind the ball, which is why you find it hard to get many CCCs. Not only that, but considering you have taken long shots off, you still had 8/20 in that first game, again suggesting that you are playing too slowly to allow the team to find space behind the defence.

Have you tinkered with upping the tempo? Because with a slow tempo all you are doing is giving the opposition the time to get organised behind the ball, which is why you find it hard to get many CCCs. Not only that, but considering you have taken long shots off, you still had 8/20 in that first game, again suggesting that you are playing too slowly to allow the team to find space behind the defence.

I think there will be less passes with high tempo. If tempo defines how fast your players will try to get to goal, to make more passes it must be quite low.

CCCs is an overrated stat tbf.

The amount of passes you have managed to get is astounding. Congrats on that mate.

But honestly. Try it with Accrington Stanley.

Why should he have to try it with anyone other than Barca? He is creating a tactic to suit Barca players, what a ridiculous thing to say.

Anyway, if Accrington Stanley have as good passers at that level compared to Barca at their level of football there is no reason it wont succeed to the same extent.

Why should he have to try it with anyone other than Barca? He is creating a tactic to suit Barca players, what a ridiculous thing to say.

Anyway, if Accrington Stanley have as good passers at that level compared to Barca at their level of football there is no reason it wont succeed to the same extent.

Its early. Forgot the saftey wink. Will fix promptly.

I think there will be less passes with high tempo. If tempo defines how fast your players will try to get to goal, to make more passes it must be quite low.

there will be far less passes, I made totally opposite tactic (max tempo and width) with Barca which feels quite realistic, but paases are nowhere near to tlm's stats.

isn't tempo defenied as how much time/ how many touches player has on ball? and mentality influencing passing direction? looks like we're back to discussion from your's thread ;)

there will be far less passes, I made totally opposite tactic (max tempo and width) with Barca which feels quite realistic, but paases are nowhere near to tlm's stats.

isn't tempo defenied as how much time/ how many touches player has on ball? and mentality influencing passing direction? looks like we're back to discussion from your's thread ;)

I think, tempo defines how fast the team will try to score, thus in how many moves/passes players will try to do it. But I read that it's also linked with time-wasting... How it really works only PaulC knows.:D

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/277153-Barcelona-style-in-FM-2012/page3

There's a link to the tactic I created which got some of the results above.

It's called V-Twin.

I'm nearly done with a modified version, V-Twin 1.1 should be uploaded tomorrow - have altered tempo in key areas and appear to have increased goals scored...

Defensively, is sound, hardly concede because I use V High match prep set to 'defend set pieces' and push up, plus they can't score if they haven't got the ball...

More to come...

• 3 weeks later...

I'm **** my pants with excitement. Well done mate. I really can't wait to try it =D

EDIT: If passing down the left flank is bothering you...just move Xavi to Mcr and Fabregas to Mcl. I'm assuming that you have set Xavi as play maker. Since he is on the left, defenders are passing the ball to him...creating this left sway you see in the analysis.

Archived