Which keeper should I use

How many times do we have to tell Sir Alex to stop using an alias to ask for advice on whether to go with De Gea or Lindegaard? :D

Honest answer, give them both a run of games & see who deserves the spot, their stats are too close to make a judgement call purely on the numbers.

If I showed the coach repotrs though you could see who they were, i left that out so nobody was swayed. One of them has helped me to two league titles one has help his last club to one. Both same age which is 34. Such a hard choice.

I would look at strengths/weaknesses & how they fit into your squad as well as personality.

Anything that points towards professionalism or consistency is good whilst having "No Weaknesses" is ideal.

Best way to judge though is to give them both games and see how they perform.

I'd rotate them. Which one is older?

Currently I have Hugo Lorris in goal - he's 32. Ihave a 19 year old goalkeeper who's good enough.

I alternate them. Lorris gets more games, and important games. The 19 year old gets games against lower divisions, lower teams, unimportant champ league matches (when i've already qualified etc.).

Lorris will get about 30-35 games a season the young guy will get about 15 - 20.

Both are happy.

Both are 34 years of age. I still have no back up, i tend to buy keepers when they hit about 29-30 and have them for their "best years" then they retire and I sign them as coaches, just done it with Reina. My backroom staff is made up of old professional, its like a "World class player retirees club"

Difficult to choose....Player B have better pure goalkeeper skill. But player A have better composure and concentration, important for GK and most of his attributes are higher than 15/20. So you can try both and take the GK who make the better match note average.

I'd rotate them. Which one is older?

Currently I have Hugo Lorris in goal - he's 32. Ihave a 19 year old goalkeeper who's good enough.

I alternate them. Lorris gets more games, and important games. The 19 year old gets games against lower divisions, lower teams, unimportant champ league matches (when i've already qualified etc.).

Lorris will get about 30-35 games a season the young guy will get about 15 - 20.

Both are happy.

Yes use both, then if one is injured the other steps in like if nothing happened (because nothing really did).

Difficult to choose....Player B have better pure goalkeeper skill. But player A have better composure and concentration, important for GK and most of his attributes are higher than 15/20. So you can try both and take the GK who make the better match note average.

This is my opinion too.

But I would go with A inicially, because his mental atributes are better.

how about a game of guess the keepers?

I think one of them is the Swiss keeper, i cant remember his name right now but i came across a keep the other night who looked like he has similar stats to keeper B, i think he plays for Wolfsburg or Werden Bremmen.....

The other i thought was the Russian guy, but his influence is not high enough.

how about a game of guess the keepers?

I think one of them is the Swiss keeper, i cant remember his name right now but i came across a keep the other night who looked like he has similar stats to keeper B, i think he plays for Wolfsburg or Werden Bremmen.....

The other i thought was the Russian guy, but his influence is not high enough.

Sure I'll play.

I think A is Hugo Lloris & B is Joe Hart ;)

A is a safer bet. He is composed, has low eccentricity and is far better mentally across the board. He would be a solid bet.

B on the other hand is a bit more... Interesting. More eccentricity and with more of a tendency to punch he could be a slight liability here and there, but would be better on his day than the other keeper. I'd expect more variance in the performances. He's major worry though is that whilst he's around the same as A rushing out (slightly worse), his lack of any speed would make him far worse in this regard. The question of whether or not he's worth a gamble is down to how you play. If you play a high line then B is probably not as good a choice.

Personally, without knowing anything about their age, your team, your tactics and such, I'd go with A.

I'd probably go with A as he has higher mental attributes. If you were the AI I'd say B seeing how mental attributes and low morale mean absolutely nothing to AI keepers as long as they have 17+ reflexes....

Speaking of goalies I have a question.

How important is the reflex attribute to a keeper?

It depends on what you need from your keeper. If your a team that generally dominates and restricts opposition chances, I'd go for A. If you're a more open team that will concede more chances, then B is your option. Both superb keepers and you're lucky to have such fine options.

It depends on what you need from your keeper. If your a team that generally dominates and restricts opposition chances, I'd go for A. If you're a more open team that will concede more chances, then B is your option. Both superb keepers and you're lucky to have such fine options.

Both are so superb that it it unlikely that he is "a more open team". He could sell the one who is the worst tutor of the two and sign a young supertalent so that rotation is more desirable. I never sign anyone over 27 years old, not even keepers. The fact is that when he has both Lloris and Hart as keepers he is most likely dominating the world completely so far into the game, and it is not necessary to field a world-class side in every game. He could field 2-star CA players and crush top half teams away (at least I could with Las Palmas in FM11). I have found that if I field a "too strong side" for a match, I dominate so much that it becomes a struggle to force the ball through the wall of defenders, so I put youngsters and unfinished players on instead and give them a "fighting chance"... which results in much more space and much more goals for my side. A 1-0 struggle with my 1st XI is often becoming a 6-0 beating with my 2nd XI because of this. Of course, sometimes I am punished because of this, but I win the league with 10 points anyway so I don't care. (At that stage of the game anyways, when I have already won the league and CL a few times in a row - I never do this earlier).

But then again, maybe that's just me. A friend of mine always fields his strongest side. Personal preference I guess.

A is a safer bet. He is composed, has low eccentricity and is far better mentally across the board. He would be a solid bet.

B on the other hand is a bit more... Interesting. More eccentricity and with more of a tendency to punch he could be a slight liability here and there, but would be better on his day than the other keeper. I'd expect more variance in the performances. He's major worry though is that whilst he's around the same as A rushing out (slightly worse), his lack of any speed would make him far worse in this regard. The question of whether or not he's worth a gamble is down to how you play. If you play a high line then B is probably not as good a choice.

Personally, without knowing anything about their age, your team, your tactics and such, I'd go with A.

The "rushing out" attribute isn't how good a keeper is at it, it's a tendency stat. So yeah, a keeper with high rushing out but low speed isn't very desirable.

Archived